XXII

http://8tracks.com/jungaidee/giving-up-on-you-fanfic [playlist]

A shot was heard throughout the building. You shut your eyes close waiting to hear the impact of a body hitting the floor but instead there was a metallic object hitting the floor. Hongbin took the chance and kicked the gun away from her.

Mrs. Lee turned around towards the direction where the shot that hit the gun she was holding minutes ago came from and shove it away from her hands before she could shot herself.

- Hyuk! - you heard Hongbin screaming and immediately open your eyes to see the young boy standing a few minutes steps behind you firmly holding a gun between his hands. Looking fiercely to the astonished woman in front of him.

- Don't move- Hyuk commanded while slowly taking steps but once he was about to reach, she tried to run away so Hyuk had to jump to tackle her down and cuffed her hands behind her back.

Hongbin ran to your side, horrified at the enormous puddle of blood around you, you were losing color, your skin started to turn a grayish shade of red and your breathing was heavy. You tried to say something but your mouth felt dried and your jaw muscles tired to move.

- you are going to be alright, okay? - his lips lifted up on a weak smile. He wasted no time and carried you to his car, but when you got outside the building two ambulances were already arriving. Hongbin yelled at them that there was another injured person inside the building, his eyes were dark and his voice hoarse full of desperation and anguish.

That was everything you saw before passing out.

HONGBIN POV

Hyuk must have called the doctors, that guy is indeed clever. I felt like I could lose her in my arms anytime, I wished I could divide myself in two and help Leo but her conditions seems a lot more worse. I can't believe everything has turned out like this; I didn't have time to think about it, all that mattered was ____and Leo being okay. A paramedic immediately approached me and asked what happened and I explained that she got shot twice near the stomach, just remembering stung my heart. I delicately place her on the litter.

"she is strong, she'll be alright" I said to myself and turn around to see Leo being carried out on a stretcher, he is still unconscious and doesn’t look better than before but not worse. That's a relief.

A few moments later, two men guard the woman that I knew as my mother; it broke me to see her like that: her face covered in tears and her eyes full red, her jaw clenched. She noticed I was looking at her and faces the other way ashamed. 

Hyuk got out and patted me on the shoulder and smile to calm me down.

“Don’t worry; everything is fine now" he said and I couldn’t help but sob. He embraced me into a fraternal hug.

Hyuk drove behind the ambulances at full speed. His face was undescriptible as if he was remembering something; I knew all of this certainly made him remember what happened to Anne.

- Hyuk… - I started to say – I think she must be proud of you. Of whom you had become.

- I know – he half smiled but never averted his gaze from the ambulance so does mine. Hyuk noticed my anxious expression and my knuckled turning white as I grip my sleeves with my arms crossed.

– She’ll be okay; she is a stubborn one – he tried to calm me down – you should rest, you look like trash.

The woman I love was fighting for her life inside that ambulance and I could do nothing to help her out, of course I would look like trash. But I still closed my eyes and they instantly felt fresh.