XIII

The following weeks Hongbin mourned the loss of his dad and tried to find you like his life depended on it. He went to your parents' house but they had moved abroad two years ago and your neighbors only told him you moved to the neighboring town. He even tried to call or email but it was like you disappeared. He told the police that his mother was the culprit behind his accident and they reduced Ravi's time in prison. And after that day he never saw Leo again, sometimes he wondered if he was telling the truth about not knowing your whereabouts but on the other hand he felt relieved he hadn't see him.

You were looking for him too; even trying some underground methods until one your contacts lead you to the son of a famous prosecutor.

- So this guy Hyuk will tell me, right? -you asked the suspicious looking man leant on the bar drinking some strong liquor.

- Yeah, he is a good boy....likes to help those in need, but don't let his appearance deceive you... he is damn clever – he slid a piece of paper on the table, you took it – anyway, you didn't hear this from me.

- ok, got it – you answered and started to move out across the crowd to meet up with Hakyeon who was standing a few meters away to keep an eye on the situation.

You showed Hakyeon the phone number on the paper and were about to dial it on your phone but Hakyeon immediately stopped you.

- wait! – He grabbed your wrist - Let's call from a public phone. You don't know if that guy is a psycho, gangster, and serial killer o whatever...

- mmm... that makes sense. – you replied

There was phone outside the bar and you walked to it as fast as you could and dialed the digits but Hakyeon snatched the phone away; it rang three times before someone took the call

Hyuk was on the couch while Leo was getting ready to run an "errand" (it took him about a year to get Leo to tell him about it) when his phone started ringing. He looked at the screen and hesitated.

-aren't you going to answer? - Leo asked while drying his hair

- I thought it might be Hongbin but it's an unknown number. Leo was not used to hear his name yet so his body got in alarmed state he was mentioned every time.

Leo stared at him. Hyuk rolled his eyes back and clicked his tongue.

-Whatever, hyung - he picked the phone up - who is this? - his voice acquired a demanding tone, unfamiliar to Leo.

- Hello, am I speaking to Hyuk? - Hakyeon talked in a formal, almost aggressive way

- i asked first - Hyuk replied

- Yeah...well...you see... Somebody told me you could tell me about Hongbin's whereabouts.

Leo noticed Hyuk's body stiffen all of a sudden but he put the call on speaker so that Leo could hear it. On the other side of the line you had your ear almost glued to Hakyeon's head trying to hear.

- who are you- Hyuk asked

- do you know or not?

You could not stand it and raised up your voice

- it's me!

Hakyeon gestured you to shut up. It took less than three seconds for Leo cross the living room and stand up besides Hyuk.

-who? - he asked again. You tried to shout again but your friend covered your mouth and the only thing Hyuk and Leo could hear wad you struggling.

Leo panicked and almost snatched the phone from the blonde boy's hand who dodge it with a swift movement.