XVII

- Don't you miss me, darling? – said the woman wearing shades and stilettos matching his black long coat. But even though her hairstyle had changed Leo could recognize her instantly. The dazzling woman was Hongbin's mother.

Leo was speechless, his whole body going numb and weak, his hands started shaking involuntarily. The guilt he had been repressing all those years suddenly overflowed and he felt disgusted at her sight.

- Aren't you invite me to come in? – she raised an eyebrow and her lips formed a cynical smirk.

- What do you want? – Leo answered with his jaw really tensed that it almost sounded like a growl.

She pushed Leo aside and went in the apartment by her account. She stopped and roamed the room with an entertained look.

- Your taste is the same as always.

Leo grabbed her arm and pulled her to face him she whined in pain but that didn't minimize his furious expression.

- I asked... - he roared.

- I heard you were looking for me. – her mischievous tone was getting on his nerves.

He frowned even harder, his principles stopped him from slapped her but he just applied more pressure on her arm.

- You are a killer.

- No, I am not. That guy Ravi is. – she scoffed – I just wanted my son back. You can't blame me for that.

- You planned it all... it wouldn't had happened if you just left them alone.

She smiled slowly until it transformed into a maniac laugh.

- Leo, Leo, Leo... you are too innocent for someone who sells his body. – she said still laughing.

Those words felt like cold water on him, but managed to not show any emotions. – of course I couldn't leave them alone, and now with my husband dead, it'd be easier to claim that inheritance.

Leo couldn't hold the grip on her arm any longer and just stared at her confused. He was relieved Hyuk wasn't there in that moment but at the same time he wanted him to arrest her.

- What inheritance? – leo asked.

- My father in law's inheritance is pretty big but, of course he left it all to his son and Hongbin. The only way I can get my hands on it is trough Hongbin. – she explained with a leaning her back on the wall. – but that man... – she referred to her husband - ... ugh! He was so boring, I had to find someone to entertain me... – she sensually approached him.

- You are disgusting – he grabbed her shoulders to push her away.

- I didn't force you to do anything – she laughed again.

Leo was put on alert when he heard the door of the apartment next to him opening, it meant Hongbin had arrived and probably Hyuk too. She also noticed it.

With a swift movement she attempted to grab her neck but she was faster to dodge it and applied the same movement she learned from Leo. His vision started to blur as he saw her heading out of the apartment followed by the thud of his own body collapsing on the floor.

She got out of the apartment and stared at Hongbin's door for a moment but when she finally took one step to leave the scene...

- Mrs. Lee? – you said confused. She turned around.

she feigned surprise -  oh god! Look at you, you look so different now.

- What are you doing here? Does Hongbin know? – you asked confused.

But when she was about to answer the door of Hongbin's apartment opened letting Hyuk out. He saw you both and didn't recognize the woman at first glance, it was until he walked a few steps forward that he noticed a particular mole on her nose that Hongbin had declared as a sign to recognize her.

- hi! – he also faked to not know her – Hongbin is sleeping right now, I'm sorry but we'll have to leave.

Hongbin's mother didn't know about Hyuk being the son of a prosecutor.

- Who is your pretty friend? – he flashed an innocent smile at the older woman.

- She is Mrs. Lee, Hongbin's mom – you introduced her and also him.

- Nice to meet you, Hyuk – she reached her hand to him. – well, if my son is sleeping I should give her a good night kiss – she smiled but Hyuk blocked the entrance with his arm.

- I don't think that is a good idea, mam. After all the trauma he had been taking strong medication – hyuk smiled back – but you should be aware of that, right?.

The woman was taken aback and decided to retreat for the moment.

- What was that? – you asked.

- ...eh... - Hyuk was about to answer you but in the end thought it wasn't him who had to tell you the truth about it, and after a few seconds started to follow her but it was like she vanished, no footprints, car sound or something.

- Dammit! – he clicked his tongue. Then he remembered where the woman was coming from – Leo! – he headed back as fast as his feet allowed him.

You knocked at Hongbin's door who opened with a tired look.

- Hongbin! Your mother was here! – you shouted.

- what?! Where?! – he went outside and looked to every side of the hall but didn't see found her.

- I think Hyuk is following her – you said.

Then Hongbin concluded it was right, and kind of worried. He sighed and cursed in his mind.

- Do you have to leave again? – you asked worried.

He looked you in the eye with a serious expression as if you were the whole world to him.

- I won't leave you. I am not a kid anymore I can defend myself from her.

He brushed a strand of hair off you face and tucked it behind your ear.

Leo woke up at the sound of his cellphone ringing, he felt dizzy and weak, he barely managed to stand up. He saw the screen of his cellphone; the call was from an unknown number.

- hello? – he mumbled.

- sorry, did I wake you up? – the mischievous tone bristled every hair on him.

- you again? – he pressed the corners of his forehead.

- how mean, Leo. Even though I have business with you. It's a big deal.

- Let's meet up at the hotel in front of the station.

- And why would I accept that?

- because if you don't come I'll tell that girl about us.

Leo hang up the call and headed out.