XXIII

Weeks passed by and your condition was getting better each day; as for Leo he got discharged after the third week of rest, but under the condition to not overwork himself.

Hongbin continued to visit you, holding your hand until almost all of your bruises vanished, until the doctors told him that it was a matter of time before you woke up.

- How is she? – Hakyeon asked when Hongbin arrived at the department

- She is fine, today her cheeks started to get their color back – he replied with a pleasant smile but hakyeon's face had an air of sadness.

- Hongbin... are you sure you're doing the right thing? – he asked.

Hongbin looked down as he nodded.

- I know she wouldn't want this but it's the best thing for her. She loves Leo and as long as I'm here she won't recognize it.

- Arg!! Why are you so sure about her feelings!? I saw you both kissing and she didn't seem to dislike it, just saying – Hakyeon shrugged. In other circumstances, maybe Hongbin would have blushed but he was too gloomy right now to even get embarrassed

- I have to get some things ready before I leave tomorrow – Hongbin walked towards his room but Hakyeon stopped him placing his hand on his shoulder.

- Don't do something you might regret – Hakyeon said with an unusual serious tone.

Hongbin kept looking away for a second before continuing to his room. He closed the door behind him and leaned his back on it before sliding down exhausted.

You woke up to the sound of the door of your room closing; the impact reminded you of the shots heard before passing out. Images of Hongbin tackling his mother and Leo unconscious made your eyes shut open and your chest go up and down rapidly.

Instead of the dark building you were when you were shot, it was a nice and clean hospital room, your eyes shot to the door and found Leo standing by the door with his arm in a sling. He was wearing casual clothes and his face had returned to its normal appearance instead of being covered by dark bruises and scratches.

- L- leo... - your voice cracked because your throat was dry.

- hey – he greeted you and walked towards you – how you doing?

- my head hurts – you said and panic took over his face – don't move I'm going to call a doctor!

- wait – you whispered and he looked back at you– I don't think it's that serious...more importantly, how is Hongbin? And you? – you asked about him even though it was obvious he was doing great – how much time had passed ? what happened to that woman?

Leo took a deep breath and held it for a second before letting it out.

- He is fine, he only got a few scratches on his pretty face – he mocked – and she is in prison now.

Your attempt to chuckle failed as one of your broken ribs started to hurt and Leo's heart leaped. You raised your hand to say you were okay.

- Where is he? – you asked-

- I don't know, maybe he went home to rest – Leo lied; having him tell you that Hongbin left yesterday would destroy you. And even if you said you were okay, he could tell that you hadn't recovered yet.

- He better be resting, he needs it – you smiled and Leo smiled back.

After a few seconds in silence he finally spoke after taking a seat next to you.

- I'm sorry you had to find out about the errands in that way- he said while looking at the floor – I didn't want you to ever know it but I guess everything comes to light sooner or later... I would like to say I'm completely innocent and was dragged into it but I was aware of what I was doing and didn't refuse it, not even with other women, not even after I met you... I'm sorry.