II

You and Hongbin barely made it to the classroom before the bell rang. Unwittingly, your eyes started to wander the place looking for the new guy.

- Hongbin, he’s not here yet… - you said worried.

Again, he felt that pressure on his chest but he remained calm.

- hmm..

- Good morning – a soft voice greeted you when Leo passed next to Hongbin.

- good morning – both replied.

You noticed he had a pink band aid on his right middle finger. You smiled at the thought he looked so cool and fierce and still used it, you found it cute. The three of you took your seats: Hongbin in front of you and Leo behind you, since he was the last addition to the class.

- Who were those guys? – Hongbin suddenly asked, making Leo, who was taking out a notebook from his bag, stop in his tracks.

- Old acquaintances… from my previous school. – he just answered without looking

- I thought you were from another city.

- I am.

-Then… - you continued but Hongbin send you a glance, making you get that you shouldn’t keep asking – nevermind, forget it…Hey want to join us for lunch? – your mood brightened up, but Hongbin mouth hung open. – since it’s been always me and him, they think we like each other or we are dating so no one wants to get “in the way”, not even girls!

- aren’t you two dating? – finally, he raised his sight to meet your with a curious look.

- No, we’re just childhood friends.

“Damn you, friendzone” Hongbin said to himself.

- mmmm… I see – he mumbled amused. – Sure, why not?

Class proceeded and before break time, the teacher asked Hongbin to deliver some documents to the principal office, Leo and you went to the cafeteria to buy something, you noticed he just got a coffee so you buy two extra bread, after that you moved to the school courtyard.

He looked at all the things you bought surprised you could eat all that, and it was like you could read what he was thinking.

- They’re not for me! This is for you and this one’s for Hongbin. – You pouted, he half-smiled – you’re no good with people aren’t you?

- Why do you think so? - He took a sip of his coffee

- The first day, you were nervous…

- Everybody would be nervous on their first day of school and it’s not that I’m not good with people, I just rather be alone than surrounded by fake friends.

- Hey! Hongbin and I aren’t fake friends, ok? – You scolded him

- I know… - he took another sip and a bite of bread. You took the chance now that Hongbin wasn’t there to ask:

- But, what was that yesterday? Shouldn’t you tell your parents?

-I don’t have relatives, and forget about that. – He answered and you regretted having asked in that instant.

- Sorry.

- No problem, it’s been like that since a long ago so I don’t pity myself or feel bad about it.

You thought about Hongbin, whose mother left the house a year ago because of an affair and now he lived with his dad.

- Sorry – you said once again looking down, he got closer and flocked your forehead.