Chapter Sixteen

"Are you okay?" I asked Taehyung as we walked home in the pouring rain. He held my hand as we walked to my apartment.

"It's fine. It's just a cut." He replied smiling at me.

"I'm not buying it. I'll treat your wounds when we get to my apartment. I can't believe you jumped that guy knowing he had a knife." I said.

"If not, he was coming towards you." He mumbled.

"There was plenty of people around if he tried to harm me they would stop him." I'm worried about Taehyung when it comes to these dangerous situations. I feel like when ever he sees someone in fear, he snaps. The fact he lost his girlfriend to something so sick is eating him alive inside. We have to find out who this person is before I lose Taehyung completely.

~~~

"Be still." I snapped at Taehyung as I applied the medicine on his wound.

"It hurts." He faked whined. He started laughing as he saw me struggling to put his bandage on. I swear he's worse than a child.

"You know. The first time you meat me you were helping me with my wounds." Taehyung teased.

"Yeah, but still that time I thought of you as someone else." I replied turning around to pick up the medical supplies.

"A killer." He mumbled looking down. I snapped back around grabbing his shoulders.

"No! But someone who was lost in the dark side. I wanted to help you because no one else would." I snapped back. He smiled a little pulling me into a hug.

"You really are a angel Rina." He replied.

~~~

The next day I went to school as Taehyung had to report to the police station. I walked with Yona and Joonsuh to school as I felt another rain drop.

"Yona does it ever stop raining here? I've never seen the sun." I asked.

"Not that much. This city is known for its raining days. It's been this way for a couple of years." She replied.

"It's been like this since junior high." Joonsuh recalled.

"It's been gloomy most of the time. That's why I'm leaving here after high school. That and so many bad memories." Yona said.

"Well we better hurry." Joonsuh said walking faster. I could smell the rain from yesterday and more coming on its way. Once again today was going to be a gloomy day. It was going to be even more gloomy without Taehyung.

"Oh me and Joonsuh are going to leave early after school. His father is having a dinner tonight and Joonsuh asked me to go." Yona said as we walked into the school.

"Are you two...you know?" I teased her. She started blushing which meant yes.

"I wish you two the best." I said hugging her.

"What about you and Taehyung? You two have been spending a lot of time together." She teased back.

"I-I...well we kissed." I nervously said. She stopped walking looking at me with her mouth open.

"Wait. Stop. For real? Oh my god! I'm happy you two are together. Taehyung needs a strong girl like you. He needs someone with a huge open heart like yours." She said.

"Girls class is about to start." Our teacher said walking passed us to the classroom. We followed behind him sitting in our seats. I looked over at Taehyung's empty seat and couldn't help but wonder if he's okay. Last time he walked into that police station he was beaten up.

"Okay class open your books to page 106." Our teacher said.

After my first two classes we had lunch. Yona and Joonsuh mostly talked about their dinner later that night while I just picked at my food. I was so lost in thinking about Taehyung I didn't hear Yona call my name.

"Rina." Yona called out. I finally looked up at her smiling.

"Do you still have to clean up after school again?" Yona asked.

"Yeah. Even if Taehyung isn't here I still have to." I said grabbing a grape off my plate.

"That sucks. I'm sorry we have to leave you here alone in the school, unless you want us to stay here?" Joonsuh said.

"No way. It's fine. The security guard stays here with me." I replied.

"The one who listens to girly Kpop groups in the old storage room?" Yona

"I heard him listening to Twice the other day." Joonsuh added in laughing.

"Don't judge him. I can sometimes hear the music and it's nice." I threw a grape at him laughing. He smiled at me as I laughed at him. I was laughing with Joonsuh as I felt eyes burning into my back. I turned around to see Jihoon and his gang just smirking at us.

"I wish someone would beat that smirk off his face." I said looking back at Yona and Joonsuh.

"If you want I will be happy to." Joonsuh said trying to stand up, but me and Yona pushed him back down. Even though I would love to see his smart ass self put into place, I don't want anyone else getting hurt.

After lunch I had walked to my locker grabbing my books. My phone in my pocket started ringing. I pulled it out seeing I had one new message.

Taehyung: I'll be getting out of here in a few hours. I have to sign some papers and then I have to answer some questions. After school I'll wait for you at the gate. Okay.

I texted back saying okay. I was about to turn off my phone when I received another text.

Taehyung: oh, and I'm sorry I have to leave you alone cleaning the classroom. Just promise me you'll stay in the classroom and lock the doors. I don't want anyone to bother you.

I replied back saying okay again. I grabbed my books and was heading to my next class. I was already late as I started running. My teacher let it slide since I was only one minute late and mostly because she was late herself getting to class.

⚪️〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰⚪️
I know I cut it off weird but the next chapter is going to be DRAMATIC. There will be violence and other uncomfortable things, so if you are not comfortable with this....then I really don't know what to say because you will find out everything in the next chapter....everything.

I know some people want this story to go on longer but the fact I'm running out of ideas for it. Every story I write I usually have it all planned out in my head..but this one I didn't. But I'm clear of how I want to end it so I'm going to maybe publish two or three more chapters. Idk.

I'm also already starting to write it...so I might have it publish tomorrow. 😁😁

Thank you for reading!

⚪️〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰⚪️