Chapter Three

When i woke up. I was blinded by the bright light that shined above me. It was definitely morning. I blinked as my eyes adjusted to the light. My throat was dry, and i was in desperate need of water. I was in a hospital, which was really confusing.

It took a minute for the memories from the football game came flooding back. I passed out, but for how long? I didn't exactly know what day it was.

I realised that my mom and dad were talking to a doctor in the hallway. So I assumed my brother and sister were probably at school. I finally notice the clock on the wall, it was 10:30 am. Had it really been all night ? It wasn't until I tried scratching my head that I realized there was an iv in my arm, and a bunch of machines next to the bed. What happened?

"Oh no Kyle" I said outloud. He sounded so scared when he called out my name, i can't even imagine what is going through his head right now.

"Oh good you're awake" My moms voice said. My head looked up to see her and my dad standing in the doorway.

"What's going on" I asked realising how hoarse and dry my throat sounded. It didn't seem like that a minute ago, "Water" I added. My dad handed me half empty bottle of water in his hand and i took a gulp. It felt so refreshing going down my throat.

"How are you feeling" My mom asked walking closer to me and taking a seat in the chair next to the bed. I didn't really think about how i was feeling, i felt, normal ?

"Fine" I replied burrowing my eyebrows together at her question.

"Good" She smiled, and she seemed kind of relieved. Something was seriously up with her.

"Why" I asked?

"Do you remember passing out at the game" She asked?

"Yeah, how can i not, it was so embarrassing" I admitted. Because it was. I was wobbling around like a newborn deer, and what was worse, is i did it in front of Kyle.

"Well you've been out for about a day" She explained. A day! 24 hours?

"A day" I shrieked

"Yeah, we were really worried, you seemed so healthy" She explained. Seemed? i'm not healthy?

"What happened, why did i pass out" I asked? My mom looked down at her hands fiddling with her fingers. She was nervous ?

i looked at my dad, who was looking at my mom. He seemed upset, distant, confused, worried. It didn't make sense. What were they not telling me?

"We need to tell you something" My father spoke. My mom looked up and gave him a small smile, thankful that he helped her out.

"Okay" I drawed out sounding confused and practically pleading for answers.

"Well when you passed out, you were immediately rushed to a hospital, it was so unexpected" She started, "When they got here, they checked for normal reasons, dehydration, and things like that"

"But all the tests were coming up negative" My dad chimed in. I furrowed my eyebrows out him. Then what was wrong with me?

"Well they decided to look at more serious things, thinking that maybe it could be a neurological reason, or something along those lines" My mom started as she gulped loudly. That scared me, i was worried about what she was about to tell me. Whatever it was, i just had this bad feeling in the pit of my stomach that it wasn't going to be good.

"They found something" My dad started. Oh god. My heart stopped and my palms got sweaty. I couldn't hear anything over the sound of my heart beating in my ear.