Chapter Sixteen

I can't believe him! I can't believe he's using me like this. But it didn't make sense. Why would he tell me all this stuff about wanting to be my friend, and everything else that we have gone through, if he just wanted to sleep with me? I walked into class and he smiled at me. I ignored him and sat next to a girl named Ashley. I didn't look at him because i'm sure he probably doesn't even realize i heard his conversation with his friend. He is exactly who i thought he was. The type of guy that just gets with a girl to sleep with her. God, i'm so stupid.

"Uhm hi" Ashley said.

"Hi" I smiled at her, "You don't mind if i sit here do you?" I asked. She shook her head and smiled. I looked at her notebook. It was a drawing of a little girl crying under a tree. It was really good, but really depressing.

"I like your drawing" I smiled. She covered it up with her hand and i realized it was probably a personal drawing, "Sorry i didn't mean to" I said.

"You're fine, it's just personal" She said as she slid the notebook closer to herself. I felt bad, as if i was intruding her space, but i couldn't sit next to Kyle.

"Well i'm sorry, i didn't mean to" I replied hoping maybe the awkward vibe we had going on would vanish.

"How come you're sitting by me, wouldn't you rather sit by Kyle?" She asked.

"We're not really talking right now" I admitted,

"How come" She asked?

"Long story" I said crossing my arms over my chest.

"What'd he do" She smirked.

"He was only using me" I admitted.

"Figures, it's very typical for a guy like him" She said as she went back to drawing. She was right. It was typical. I just never thought it would be Kyle. He seemed so different, like he actually cared.

*****

"Bryn" Kyle shouted. I didn't turn around i just kept walking to my moms car. He grabbed my arm gently and i whirled around to face him.

"Let go" I said through clenched teeth.

"Woah, what did i do" He asked letting go.

"Don't talk to me" I said as i turned back around and started walking towards the exit. He grabbed my arm again only this time he pulled me into the janitors supply closet. My nose filled with the scent of clenser and dirty mop water as we stood there facing each other.

"I'm not letting you out until you tell me what's wrong" He said crossing his arms over his chest.

"Ugh" I said as i hit his chest with my fist. I was so mad at him. I really was falling for him. He probably knew it too. Calling me beautiful, and hugging me, being all cute and flirty. He knew it all along and he was just trying to get in my pants. He disgusted me. I just wanted him to leave me alone.

Before i knew it i just kept hitting him in his chest as my eyes watered and tears spilled down my cheeks. My hands were numb and the only thing I could think of was hurting him the way he hurt me.

"How could you. I thought you genuinely cared. But no, that's not the case at all. Why would you even tell me that stuff about how you cared. You just wanted me to fall for you so you could sleep with me. You disgust me how you and your stupid little friend can talk about girls like there a piece of meat" I spat as i kept crying. He grabbed my arms that wouldn't stop hitting him and pulled me into a hug as i balled my eyes out.

"Why did you do it" I asked against his muffled chest, "Why did you pretend like you cared" I sobbed.

"I only said that stuff to get him off my back. I wouldn't take advantage of you like that" He said looking at me as his eyes bored into mine. He wiped my tears with his thumb and i looked at the ground, "Everything i told you, was the truth. You do mean a lot to me, and i would never do anything to jeopardize that" He added.

"Then why didn't you just tell him that" I whispered.

"Because he wouldn't get off my case about that, and i didn't feel like dealing with him" He explained.

"Kyle you can't just do that" I said wiping my tears.

"I know and i'm so sorry" He replied.

"You're not very smart" I said, still mad that he was talking about me like that.

"I know that too" He smiled. I hit him once again in the chest before i wrapped my arms around his neck and he hugged me back.

"I'm really sorry" He whispered.

"You should be" I giggled. Then we opened the janitors closet and there was Camille. She had a cut on her lip, a bruised eye, cuts on her forehead and she looked really tired.

"It's not what it looks like" Kyle and I said at the same exact time.

"Okay" She said slowly before walking away.