Chapter Twenty Four

I remember my freshman year of high school, when i befriended this new girl at my school, Alexis. She was dating a junior at the time and there were many occasions when i caught them making out. I guess after a few months I had already assumed they'd have sex.

"I want to wait tell marriage" She told me one day in the cafeteria when i was finishing my math homework.

"To what?" I asked confused as to what she was talking about.

"To have sex" She replied in a duh tone. I choked on my juice causing my eyes to water and numerous people to look at me.

"Oh" I said. I didn't want to tell her that'd i'd already thought she had sex, because it was the equivalent to pretty much calling her a whore.

3 months later she was over at my house telling me all about her first time. About how it hurt, and how she knew that she loved him, and how she thought they were going to get married. That was until her mom found out. I remember her telling me that all mothers have this 6th sense and they can just tell when their daughters lost their virginity. I figured that by the time i lost my virginity, i wouldn't have to worry about if my mom found out because i would be old enough to make that decision for myself.

"Oh Bryn you're awake" My mom said walking into the room.

"Yeah" I smiled at her.

"Someone's in a good mood" She smiled back before looking at Kyle. She looked from to Kyle and then back to me. I gulped hoping she wouldn't suspect anything. She shook her head before walking further into the room.

"You finished your food" she smiled at me.

"Guess I just found my appetite" I shrugged before looking at Kyle and smirking.

"Well if you're feeling up to it" she started, "Maybe we can go out for dinner?" She asked.

"Where to?" I asked.

"You can choose" she smiled at me. I looked from Kyle to my mom and then back to Kyle.

"How about Taco Bell?" I asked talking towards Kyle. He smirked remembering when he'd taken me to Taco Bell to cheer me up.

"I was thinking something more like Applebee's, but Taco Bell sounds good" she smiled. I laughed knowing how much my mom hated Taco Bell.

"You can get Applebee's on the way home?" I suggested.

"You know me too well" she smirked.

"Do you think you could go get me some water?" I asked, half of me wanting water and the other half just wanting to be alone with Kyle.

"Sure" she smiled before leaving again. I sighed before looking at Kyle and smiling. He stood up and made his way over to me before sliding into the bed next to me. He laid his head on my chest and looked up at me with those bright blue eyes of his.

"So what are you thinking about?" I asked as I ran my fingers through his hair lightly.

"You" he mumbled into my sweater.

"What about me?" I asked before looking down to see that his eyes were closed. He was asleep.

"Hey honey I got you-" my mom started as she walked into the room before I quickly put my finger to my lips to quiet her.

"Sorry" she whispered before smiling at me and handing me the bottle of water. She took a seat on the couch and I could tell by the look on her face that she wanted to talk about something. She was just working up enough courage to say it.

"What do you want?" I asked with a groan knowing I didn't speak up we could be here for 20 minutes.

"Hmm?" she asked looking up at me.