Chapter 17

Chandlers P.O.V.

"Don't loose hope. I'm coming for you" I say and hang up, letting the tears come out.

Leah was getting raped, and I felt like punching myself because I couldn't do anything. I paced back and forth in Leah's room, trying to think of a way to find out where she is. Then, Grayson comes in, smiling like an idiot.

"The police just called" he starts.

"They might know where Leah is" my mouth forms into a smile.

"Really!"

"Yeah, they want us to go with them in case it really is where they're hiding Leah. Let's go" Grayson says and we walk out of my room.

"Did Grayson tell you?" My mom asks as we reach the door.

"Yeah. Do you really think it's where she is?" I ask.

"It just might be!" My mom smiles.

Dad opens the door and we all rush into the car, driving to the place the police told us to go to. When we get there we find the police waiting for us.

"The door's jammed so we're trying to break it open. We've been waiting for you guys" a police man says.

I take a look at his name tag.

Officer Davey.

"Well, we're here now. Have you had any luck?" Mom asks.

"Not yet. The door seems pretty jammed" Officer Davey replies.

I watch as two other police men take a log and jam it into the door. The house seemed abandoned, the perfect place to hide someone. The windows were barred off and the grass was really long.

"We're in!"  One of the police men trying to break in says.

Everyone turns towards them to find the door smashed open. We all go to the porch as the police men inspect the house.

They come out a while later.

"There was nothing in there. No sign of anybody living there. We're very sorry" Officer Davey says.

"No" I say and walk in.

"You have to be lying. She has to be in here" I walk around the house, looking behind every piece of furniture.

"Look, I'm sorry kid but we couldn't find anything" another officer says.

I clench my jaw and start to walk out of the house, but stop, thinking of something. I pull out my phone and save my location, then proceed to walk out again.

"Well, thank you for everything" my dad says and we all get back into our car.

"No problem. We'll continue to work to try and locate Leah. If we find anything, we'll call you guys immediately" Davey says and my dad starts the car.

"Ok, have a nice day" my mom smiles at them and we pull out of the driveway, and start driving back home.

I rest my head against the window and stare at all the houses we drive by. Any one of them could be hiding Leah, and no one knew.

Once we got home, I went back into my room and pulled out my phone. I made a group chat with Sam, Colin and Gray.

Me: Get ready to go out tonight. We're gonna try to find Leah.

Sam: WHAT!!!

Gray: You know where she is!?

Colin: I can bring a car if we need one