Chapter 31

Leah's P.O.V.

I wake up and roll over in bed, until I realize it's Christmas. My head shoots up and I jump out of bed.

A smile appears on my face as I brush out my hair. It's Christmas!

I've always loved Christmas. It's not about the presents, I just love seeing the little kids open up their presents.

I fix my pyjamas and walk outside my room, running towards Cole's. I turn the doorknob to find it open, and rush inside, closing the door behind me.

Cole is laying in his bed, still asleep. I walk towards his bed and bend down, so I'm eye level with him.

"Wake up! It's Christmas!!" I screech, shaking him.

He throws his head up from his pillow and looks around.

"Holy crap, let a guy sleep for once" He groans and shoves his face into his pillow.

I giggle at his actions.

"Come on! Let's go out to the main hall!" I say and tug at his arm.

He lets out another groan but gets up, pulling his shirt down.

"How's my hair?" He asks and let's out a laugh.

I look at him and wide my eyes.

"Lemme fix this" I mumble and fix his hair.

"There!" I say and flatten another piece down.

"Thanks" he chuckles and we walk out.

When we get to the main hall, were surrounded by tons of little kids opening presents.

"Merry Christmas!" I say and hug some kids.

"Look what I got, Leah!" A young girl, looking around the age of 6 says to me, holding up a Barbie doll.

"Ooo, that's so pretty!" I say and she nods, walking away.

We sit down on the floor while watching everybody else open their presents.

"Do you know what we have to cook today?" I ask.

"I don't know. Probably some Christmas food or something" He says.

Once all the kids are done, I see that there's still one present under the tree.

" Well look at that, there seems to be a present for you" Cole says, handing me the present.

I take a look at it and see its from Cole. I look up at him with my mouth open.

"You didn't-"

"I wanted to. Now just open it!" He cuts me off.

I tear off the wrapping paper to find a little box. I open the box and see a little locket, similar to Chandlers.

My mouth goes wide again. I freeze in my spot, just staring at the locket, thinking about Chandler.

"Oh no, it's not a good present is it?" Cole asks, squinting at me.

My body won't process his words correctly. Everything sounds echoed and time slows down.

"Leah? Are you ok?" He asks again.

A single tear slips from my and I wipe it away, looking back up at him.

"I'm fine" I lie and nod my head.