Chapter 29

Leah's P.O.V.

I never thought that this day would happen. I thought the Riggs would keep me forever and I'd grow up calling them my family.

But I guess not.

And now I sit in my room, waiting for Gina to get me, so I can be taken away from the only people that I truly call my family.

Isn't that wonderful.

I only had a few more minutes to gather my thoughts, until we had to leave. I'm terrified to go back. I don't want to go back.

Somebody knocks on my door and I pick up my bags, walking out of what I would've called my room a few weeks ago. Now it's just an empty space where I used to be. And that empty space will probably be filled again, and I'll soon become a faded memory.

Just like everything else.

I take one last look at the soon to be empty space and walk out with a person that will probably forget me after a few months. And that person was Gina. We don't speak, we don't look at each other, and it feels like we don't breathe, or move. And this will all become a faded memory.

We reach the entry way where everybody is patiently waiting for us. I told myself I wouldn't cry, but the sight of Grayson and Chandler makes my eyes start to fill up like a swimming pool.

I swallow a lump that's making its way up my throat, threatening to make my eyes start to downpour.

You should've expected this to happen, my mind tells me.

They do it every time.

But this time was different. This time I fell in love.

Will pulls me into a hug and I stay there, not knowing what to do. After that, it's Grayson. I wrap my arms around him and hear his little cries. My heart breaks at the sound.

"Bye Grayson" I whisper and hug him a little harder before pulling away.

Now Chandler.

I slowly walk towards him, fighting the tears that are trying to come out, and he grabs my hand, pulling me towards him and hugs me.

I start to cry.

I burry my head in his shoulder and he kisses the top of my head over and over again.

"Don't forget t-to open my pr-resent" He chokes out.

I wipe my eyes and nod.

"I love you" he whispers.

"Ok, time to go" Gina interrupts us.

"Thanks F-for being s-uch a great f-f-amily" I sob.

Nobody says anything, probably due to the fact that Chandler and Grayson are crying their eyes out. I take one last look at Chandler and Grayson and blow them a kiss, then walk out of the house.

I put my bags in the backseat and we both get into the car. This is it. I'm actually going.

Gina drives off and I press my forehead against the rain splattered window.

~~~~~~~~~~

Once we get back to where it all started, I take my bags out and Gina walks in with me.

"Well well well, look who came back" Mrs. Cathy steps towards us.

I roll my eyes at her and she hands Gina some papers.

"I just need you to sign these and then she'll be back with us" She says.

Gina takes a pen and looks at the papers, hesitating.