Chapter 32

Five days later...

Chandlers P.O.V.

"I love you" I whisper.

"I love you too, Chandler" She whispers back.

I tuck a strand of her curly blonde hair behind her ear. She looks up at me, her eyes shining in the light.

No, she's not Leah, but I love her.

Wait, what am I saying, I love Leah. I have to stop.

I start to lean in and soon enough, our lips touch.

I jolt awake, my breathing heavy and beads of sweat dripping down my forehead. I've been having that same dream for the past nights, ever since Leah left.

It's been really hard, and depressing without Leah here. I haven't really talked to my parents, or Sam, or anybody other than Grayson.

We both loved Leah.

But her and Grayson were just best friends.

We were...I don't even know what we were. We didn't date, but we weren't just friends either.

It was special.

And I loved every second of it. But now she's gone, and I'll never see her again.

Everybody's telling me to let go, but I don't want too. I want to hold on until I die. Until I'll be able to see her again. But I'm scared that I'll let go too early.

Maybe it's for the better. Maybe I should let go. I don't think I could, but if I found the right person, I'd instantly let go.

"Chandler" I hear my mom say from outside my room.

"Sam's here"

I stand up and grab a pair of clothes.

"Tell him I just woke up. I'll be down in like,15 minutes" I say and walk into the bathroom.

I undress and take a quick shower, then dry my hair, get changed, and brush my teeth . Walking downstairs, I grab a piece of bacon and toast off the kitchen table and go into the living room, where Sam is seated.

"Hey dude. How's it going?" Sam stands up from the couch.

"It's alright, I guess. I miss her" I mumble.

"Well, I was thinking we could go to the mall. Colin and Gray are gonna be there. We could fool around or something" He says.

"Sure" I say and turn towards the kitchen.

"Me and Sam are going to the mall for the morning! I love you!" I yell and my mom appears from the kitchen, giving me a thumbs up.

I nod and walk out the door with Sam.

"So, how was Christmas?" Sam asks.

"Sucky" I groan and we get into Sam's car.

Sam nods and starts to drive to the mall.

"It's gonna be alright dude, you'll be fine" he says in a reassuring tone.

"Thanks" I mumble.

Once we get to the mall, we head in and find Colin and Gray roaming around the video game stores.

"Chandler! We didn't think you'd come!" Colin says.

I give him and smile and fake laugh.

"Well, I'm here!" I say.

"So, wanna shop around for some video games?" Gray asks.

We all agree and start roaming the gaming stores. After a while, the guys start to nudge me.

"What?" I ask, sounding annoyed.

"Look, that girls checking you out!" Sam whispers.

I look over my shoulder to find a teenage girl with a group of her friends, staring at me. The girl kinda looked like Leah.

My heart skips a beat at the thought of her. I send the girl a smile and she waves at me.

"Dude, she clearly likes you. Go talk to her" Colin whispers and pushes me towards the girl and her friends.

"Uh, hey" I say and scratch the back of my head.

"Hi" the girl giggles.

"Chandler" I put my hand out.

"Sophie!" She shakes my hand.

"Uh, you wanna..walk around. Maybe get some lunch" I ask.

"Sounds good" Sophie says and we start to walk.

~~~~~~~~~~

After a while of talking to Sophie, I found out that she's really cool. We like most of the same things, and she's really nice. We were now walking back from lunch, trying to find our friends.

"Oh! There they are!" Sophie says, pointing to a big group of boys and girls.

And she was correct, they were our friends.

"Hey guys" I greet, walking over to them.

They keep looking at me and Sophie, raising their eyebrows. I give them the 'stop' look and hear Sam snort.

"Well, I think we should get going" I start to say.

"Oh, here's my number!" Sophie says, handing me a small piece of paper.

I give her a smile and wave, and then me and the guys walk out.

"Dude! She so likes you!" Sam says, hitting my arm.

"Yeah yeah, whatever" I mumble and get into Sam's car.

"Ok, well we'll see you guys later!" Sam says and we both wave to the other guys.

I twirl the piece of paper in between my fingers.

"Sophie" I mumble and let a small smile appear on my face.

I take out my phone and put in her number, sending a 'Hi' and then shut off my phone.

"Well, we're here" Sam says, pulling into my drive way.

"Good luck with Sophie"  He starts doing kissy faces in my face.

I roll my eyes and get out of his car.

"Thanks" I say and walk into the front door.

I feel my phone buzz in my pocket, so I take it out to find that Sophie had texted back. 'Hey, you wanna meet up some time, I had fun today at the mall' Is what the text read.

I smile and reply.

'Sure, and I had fun too :)'

Maybe this is my shot.

Maybe this is my new Leah.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is such a small update omggggg
So, school finished yesterday so I'll hopefully get more time to write!!
Word count:969
What do you guys think about Sophie? Or Chandler AND Sophie?
How do you think Leah's doing?
Reactions?
Predictions for next chapter?
Fav part of this chapter?
Anyways, don't forget to vote, comment, and follow!
Bye fellow humans!
☀︎Mostly_Human☀︎