Chapter 33

Two weeks later.....

Chandlers P.O.V.

I'm planning on asking Sophie to be my girlfriend today.

We've gotten really close, gone on tons of dates, and spent a lot of time together. I think she's become my new best friend.

She reminds me of Leah so much. It's like a little piece of her is in Sophie. And I love that.

Sam had helped me plan out how to ask her. Now I just have to wait for Sophie to get here, and then we can get things started.

I've barely thought about Leah lately.

I think I've found the right person, so now I can let go.

The doorbell rings, and I instantly know it's Sophie. I jump up from the couch and open up the door. A smile forms on my face once I see Sophie, in a pretty floral dress with her hair up.

"Why, don't you look handsome" Sophie jokes.

I had told her to dress nice, and with my proposal I had to wear something semi-good looking for tonight.

"You look amazing" I breathe out.

I take my wallet from the living room table and grab some car keys, exiting my house with her.

"Thank you" She smiles.

We get into the car and I start driving to the first location.

"Ok, Chandler, you gotta tell me what we're doing!" Sophie says.

"Nope" I smile.

"Aw, come on! I thought we were friends" She fake pouts.

I just give her a smirk.

"You'll see soon"

Finally, we arrived at the destination. I get out of the car and open the door for Sophie. She smiles at me and takes a look around.

"The woods?" Her voice sounded confused, and a little disappointed.

I take her hand in mine and start leading her through a pathway. The sun was starting to set and you could see sun rays peaking through the trees. I loved the sight of this.

It kinda reminded me of Leah, and how happy she was. She was my ray of sunsh...stop it Chandler.

Leah's gone, and she's not coming back.

By the time were finished walking, I could see the rose petals all set up. I take a look at Sophie's face, which showed tons of confusion.

"What's this?" She quietly asks.

I send her a smile and lead her through the path of roses. Once we got to the end, there's was a table that was lit with candles and red roses all over.

"Surprise!" I tell her.

Sophie's mouth goes wide and she looks at me with big eyes.

"Seriously!" She asks.

I nod and pull out a chair for her to sit on. She sits down and I pull out my chair. I clear my throat and Sam comes out, holding two plates with lasagna, aka Sophie's favourite food.

"Chandler, you really didn't have to" Sophie says.

"I felt like I needed too" I say and we start to dig in.

Before Sam could walk away, he clears his throat and slaps me on the back.

"Good luck, man" he mumbles and walks back into the bushes.