Chapter 30

December 24th...

Leah's P.O.V.

Cry, cry, cry. That's all I've been doing these past few days.

Today was Christmas Eve, and me and Cole had to bake a whole bunch of food.

I was currently getting dressed. I throw on a black and red flannel with some black skinny jeans and my converse. Grabbing the necklace Chandler gave me, I place it on my neck, my fingers resting on the locket.

I miss them. All of them. I sigh and walk out of my room, making my way towards the cafeteria.

"Hey" Cole smiled as I walk in.

"Hey" I whisper and put on my apron.

"So today we have sugar cookies, turkey and chocolate pudding" Cole says, taking a look at the list for today.

I nod my head and we get out two large turkeys, and some stuff to make the marinade.

"I never got your last name" I say, rubbing the marinade onto the turkey.

"Oh, it's meadows. Cole Meadows" He laughs.

"I hate my last name. What about yours?" He asks.

"Um...I don't really know" I mumble.

"Oh" was all he said.

After a bit of silence, I decide to change the conversation.

"You gonna help me with tonight?" I ask.

"What about tonight?" Coles eyebrows scrunch up in confusion.

"Every Christmas Eve the older kids read stories to the younger kids, just to make them feel more comfortable. You reading with me?" I explain.

"Oh, yeah, sure!" He smiles.

I finish with the two turkeys and put them to bake. I start with the sugar cookies and he starts with the pudding, but suddenly I remember something.

"Oh my god" I freeze.

"What?" Cole asks.

"We need to buy the presents" I mumble.

"I have to find Cassidy, be right back" I rush out of the room and run down the hallways, searching for Cassidy.

Finally, I spot her cleaning the bathrooms.

"Cassidyyyy" I say and drag out the y.

"Yes m'lady?" She laughs.

"Did the kids do their Christmas lists yet? And if so, where are they?" I ask.

"Um, yeah they did them a while ago and...oh! They're in my room in my bottom drawer" She answers.

"Thank you" I yell and run down to her room.

I open her door and search throw her bottom drawers, until I find all those pieces of papers I once wrote on.

"Here we are" I whisper and take all of them out, running back into the cafeteria.

"Woah" Cole says, taking a look at the papers.

"I know, and we need to go shopping for all these gifts" I tell him.

"Wait what? Today? But it's Christmas Eve, all the stores are probably sold out of toys!" Cole says.

"Well then we'll just have to look a little harder" I breath out and motion for him to come with me.

We walk out of the cafeteria and go to the front door, where Mrs. Cathy is seated, reading a magazine.

"We need to go buy the Christmas presents for the kids" I say to her.