Chapter 1

Beep-beep-beep

Beep-beep-beep

Beep-bee-

Dammit, I hate my alarm. Especially when I want to sleep, but all that thing does is saying I can't, because I have to get ready for school...

I love school, but only because I can see my friends there. We hardly see each other, because most of us have jobs, participate in sports or we all just have a shit load of schoolwork. So, at school we spend as much time together as we can, during classes or breaks.

I get out of bed, as hard as it is, walk to my closet and find myself something to wear. I settle with my usual black skinny jeans and my hoodie from Paris.

Last year we went on a school trip there and I've missed it ever since. Especially the moments I've had with my friends there, we all just became much closer, even with students we didn't talk to much. Also people who were just plain out rude in our eyes, normally. Everyone was nice to each other and it was like one big squad or group of friends from over 30 people, including the teachers.

After I showered and brushed my teeth, I grab my schoolbag and head downstairs. When I fill up my water bottle I see my father sitting at the kitchen table, busy looking at some news on his laptop. "Morning dad!" I say. He looks up and nods at me with a smile on my face. "How's the old birthday boy doing?" I ask him while playfully swinging an arm around his shoulders.

"It's alright... I wish I didn't have to get old." He says with a little pout. He hates celebrating his birthday, just because he doesn't want to feel old.

"Awh, that's too bad. You already are old." I tell him.

My mother walks in and hugs him while giving him a kiss. "Hey sweetie, have you had breakfast yet?" She asked me. I shake my head 'no' and she sighs. "Still not feeling better?"

"No, I'm not very hungry. I'll try to eat something tonight though. Just because it's dad's birthday." I tell her.

This weekend I was very ill and I couldn't eat. Everything that went in my mouth would flush down the toilet in half an hour. It had started Thursday afternoon, now it's Monday and all I've eaten those days is two slices of bread.

"Alright, but just remember: don't eat too much at once tonight. Before you know it you'll hang above the toilet again." My mum says and then she kisses my forehead before leaving the room.

I turn to my dad and wave goodbye. "Have fun at school today!" he yells before I'm out the door. I yell something back along the lines of 'Will do, good luck at work today!' and head outside. I grab my bike and race to school.

<><><>

When I get there, I already see Natasha walking into our school. "Wait up!" I yell. I lock my bike and walk towards her. "How was your weekend?" I ask her once we're walking next to each other.

"Muah, it was alright. Actually just playing Mario Kart and Guitar Hero, but it wasn't boring or something." I nod to what she's saying. "Yours?"

"Could've been better. I wasn't feeling well, so I haven't really eaten anything since Thursday evening." I shrug carelessly. We walk up to the top floor of our school, since our lockers are all the way up there.

"Geez, Thursday evening? So, that's why you weren't eating lunch Friday. Why did you go to school, then?"

"Couldn't bother to miss school, you know? I'm so nervous for tonight, though. I'm not really sure why." I tell her.

"Oh right! Today's your dad's birthday right? Congrats! How old did he get?" After a while we got to our lockers and began stuffing our jackets in them.