Chapter 23

(A/N: I find this song so utterly beautiful and I get a lot of inspiration out of it. I found out about it by looking at a Muke video and ever since I just fell in love with it. I think that this song describes everything that this chapter is supposed to say in a perfect way and more.)

I walk into school again, way too determined to find Melissa. I have to make sure she will understand how much Tristan cares about her. I don't want Calum and Tristan to both be heartbroken, because Ashton and Melissa are too stupid to recognize true love when it's right in front of them.

I spent the rest of yesterday at Natasha's house, trying to calm her down. I sat with her in her bed, trying to talk some sense in to her. It was so hard not to mentally curse Anne, because I know they both have a hard time understanding what's happening. I'm very angry at Anne that she was so rude to Natasha this week, but I can't help but feel sorry for her too. She was just having a hard time understanding and accepting herself and she must praise the heavens that Natasha and I both understand that.

Right when I got home I called Anne and told her this. She may be a fool when it comes to love, but she's still my friend and it's her relationship too. After having a talk with her and Natasha, they decided it may be best to just have a small break from each other, so they could both get their feelings right. They're not breaking up and they're still on good terms with each other, they just decided it would be best if they would take a small break from 'being in a relationship'. Anne still didn't really understand what she was feeling and Natasha may have seemed fine with it, but she was still not fully accepting herself.

So, until they feel like they're ready for it, they will just be very good friends who have feelings for each other, nothing more. Because, Anne may doubt a lot and she may be unsure of a lot of things, but that she had feelings for Natasha is one thing that she does know.

Still on my searching for Melissa, I bumped into Tristan – how convenient. He grabbed my shoulders to prevent me from falling and he steadied me. "Have you seen Melissa?!" We both asked at the same time. "No, I haven't. Shit!" We said in sync again. He let go of my shoulders and cleared his throat and I rose an eyebrow at him. He just shook his head and looked hesitant about asking something.

After a while he finally spoke and said "Is Melissa still going on that date?"

I snorted and told him "Well, why do you think I'm looking for her? I'm trying to find her to talk some sense into her. You know what? I think it's best if we go find her together. I can scold her like the perfect mother I am and you can finally admit your undying love for her!" I whined the last part and he just shook his head with a little laugh.

"Aren't we going to miss our first class if we do that though?" He asked and I nodded my head.

"What's more important to you, falling asleep while hearing about how Napoleon crowned himself again or sweeping Melissa off of her feet, into your arms while you ride off into the sunset and live happily ever after while unicorns are standing on the side line, puking rainbows of happiness?"

He gave me a weird look before he took a step closer to me and put his hand on my forehead, gently patting it and asked "Are you sure you're alright? It seems like all these love-sick people around us have taken their toll on you." He slowly said. "Maybe I need to take you to this place where they can take care of you, it might be good for you. Although I can't promise you they won't do a few tests or researches on you." I gave him a blank yet annoyed look and he just shrugged his shoulders "Just saying..."

"You don't need to put me in a mental hospital. I'm just very similar to my mom." He gave me a look of disbelief so I gasped. "I'm serious! My whole family is weird. Anne was at my house a few days ago and she's still traumatized because of my sister. Long story short, she twerked right in my face while Anne was sitting next to me." He grimaced, but I just continued. "Also, the other day I was shopping with my mom. We walked into a drug store and the first thing she walks to is the isle with all the condoms, lube, sex toys and all that stuff."