Epilogue

A lot can happen in a year... Not only did we graduate from High School - we as in all of our friends group, even me - but, we also became a lot closer with the 5SOS boys. Me and Luke were still going strong, so were Anouk and Michael and of course Cashton. Melissa and Tristan are still together as well - I wouldn't have expected anything else if I was being honest - and they are truly the cutest couple ever. Well, besides Cashton. Cashton is goals.

It turned out that the morning that Anne had called Natasha and we got so confused, she had actually called to apologize. She explained that she was just scared and let her insecurities get the best of her. It's needless to say of course that Natasha being Natasha forgave her without a doubt, but we would have all done that. So, they ended up together as well, go Nanne!

Little fun fact for you, the 10 of us actually went on these dates altogether, like the 5 couples we are. It was just like a double date, but I don't think there's a word for 5 couples to go on a date together, so we'll just keep it at a date.

We had the best times and did stuff like bowling, hiking, going on a trip, the cliché but fun dinner and movie dates, and the list just goes on. After graduation, we even went on a little holiday with each other. Of course we wanted to take the others as well, but since there were 5 couples already, we were afraid someone would feel left out. Plus, there would be too many people and they had other plans anyway, so it worked out perfectly fine.

The holiday was so much fun, it was like one huge date that just never seemed to end! We hired this cabin together and every couple had their own room. Needless to say that some couples couldn't really keep their hands to themselves and we sometimes had to yell at one other to keep it down. But we still had a lot of fun. We went swimming almost every day and we were just goofing off, feeling like happy, little kids all over again. It was amazing.

It was now about 4 weeks after our holiday and colleges were about to start in a few weeks. A lot of us already decided what we wanted to do, but some of us were still doubting. Anouk for example loved sports, but she had no idea what she wanted to do with that. I loved a lot of languages and maybe wanted to become a teacher, but I had no clue what language I wanted to teach and on what kind of level. A lot of us were doubting like this and that's why me and Anouk especially haven't signed up for any colleges yet, which may get us in a bit of trouble if we want to fix everything on time still.

I was sitting on the couch of the 5SOS living room, watching How I Met Your Mother. It was the weird episode - what episode isn't weird though, in total honesty - in which everyone tried explaining to Ted that he shouldn't go out with Stella, since she was his doctor and if things would go wrong, it would mess everything up. They were constantly naming examples, how it started with Barney screwing the waitress of their favourite bar, which led to Robin going out with her co-worker and Lily and Marshall going on double dates and stuff with their neighbours and it went on like this.

All of the sudden Michael and Luke walked in, turned off the television, sat down on the table in front of me and looked at me with a serious expression. I looked up at them with an expression on my face that could surely say nothing else then 'What the actual fuck guys?!' and I think they got the clue. They immediately began reassuring me and telling me nothing was wrong, which calmed me down a bit, but I was still really curious.

"So ehm, how's it going with college hunting?" Michael started.

"Still no luck." I sighed. "With everything I find I'm just not sure if it's what I want to do for the rest of my life, you know? And it's all quite serious, you can't just drop out and start a new education. It would cost way too much money." I summed up with a pained face.