Chapter 27

(A/N: Goofy Lukey! :))) I had so much trouble writing this chapter, because I kept singing Rockabye Baby, which ended up in me searching the karaoke version and such, so yea... I wasn't really concentrated heheh oops)

Luke was talking so fast it took me a while to comprehend what he was saying, but ended up asking "What else do you love?"

He grinned at me, stroked some hairs out of my face, looked into my eyes and said with the biggest and most childish smile ever "I love you!"

<><><>

"You... You love me?" I asked carefully and Luke just nodded his head enthusiastically and still had that goofy smile on his face. "How? I mean, how are you so sure?"

"The guys told me what it's like to be in love. Whenever I was talking to Ash, Cal or Mike, they all told me what they felt about that certain someone, what they thought and what they were feeling, and I couldn't help but think of you every time." He sounded so childlike saying that, but he was using the most serious voice he could right now. It was adorable.

"And what kind of feeling was that then?" I dared to ask him.

"Well, when you're around them, nothing really matters, except for the two of you, you can never get tired of their company and every minute spent with them gives you more happiness than the new album of your favourite artist. You would do anything for them and their happiness is far more important to you than your own happiness. You want them all to yourself, no matter how weird their quirks can be, because you love those as well. Everything, their weird dance moves, laughs or tiny details, like how you hide yourself when you truly laugh. I know that when your laugh isn't fully happy, you won't hide your laugh and I love that about you, just as much as everything else. One of them also told me – and I'm absolutely not going to say who – said that neither of you think about Channing Tatum or Dylan O'Brien during sex."

I mentally went down the list and subtly ignored the last statement, since that wasn't really for me anyway. Anyway, as I went through the list, I couldn't stop thinking of my friends and I was reminded of that argument Luke and I had, about me not even participating in my own relationship due to being too busy with other people's love lives and I realized, once again, that he was right.

I can't live without my friends, their company and hugs basically keep me alive. I would do anything for my friends and I'm only truly happy if they are. I always loved the little, weird details of them that I somehow always notice and remember.

But as I was thinking all this, I realized something else as well. There was something missing on the list, because I would never want to marry my friends, have children with them and of course I would want to spend the rest of my life with them, but never would I want that while having a romantic relationship with them. And then the so maniest realization hit me.

I loved Luke.

Correction, I love Luke.

I could scratch everything off of the list, because it all fit – except for the sex statement of course, but I think it'll be best if we all pretend that it was never even there, alright?

All these time I was just thinking and staring at Luke's lap. I don't know why I was looking there, it just felt right. Suddenly Luke put his arms around me and with all the strength that he had, which was not a lot due to all the drugs in his system, and some of my help, he hoisted me on top of the bed and laid me down gently, right across his lap. He put my head on his chest so I could hear his comforting heartbeat and put his arms around my waist.