Chapter 19

*Kimberly's P.O.V.*

"Okay... So first an E minor, then a G, then C and D after that. Oh, that is not that complicated. Just repeat those chords, mhm. Okay, here we go..." I said to myself. Don't give me that weird look. I always talk to myself when I'm alone in my room, it's just a habit. I can have whole discussions with myself and someone often ends up hearing me, it's rather funny.

I strum my guitar, just checking if it's not false, and I begin to play the first chords. After the intro I begin to sing softly.

"So long to all my friends,
every one of them met tragic ends.
With every passing day
I'd be lying if I didn't say
that I miss them all tonight.
And if they only knew what I would say if I,"

"...Could be with you tonight
I would sing you to sleep,
never let them take the light behind your eyes.
One day I'll lose this fight.
As we fade in the dark,
just remember you will always burn as bright."

"Be strong and hold my hand.
Time becomes for us, you'll understand.
We'll say goodbye today
and I'm sorry how it ends this way.
If you promise not to cry,
then I tell you just what I would say if I,"

"...Could be with you tonight,"

Just when the somewhat 'heavier' part of the song started, I wanted to give it my all, but I heard something. I stop singing and playing and look to my right. What is Luke doing here?

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I ask him and shoot him a smile. He walks a little closer and starts talking.

"Yeah... About that. I need to tell you something." He looks nervous compared to how he normally acts. He walks over slowly and sits next to me on my bed. "Listen, I've been meaning to tell you this for a while, but I was a little scared. Or a lot. I was really, really freaking nervous. I just kept overthinking everything and at some point I just didn't know what to think anymore, so I went to Mike. He gave me some pretty good advice, but I didn't listen to it, because I'm stupid I guess,"

"Luke, you're not stupid." I cut him off from his rambling.

"I am! If I would've listened to him, you would already know and I wouldn't be sitting here, rambling like an idiot, not knowing what to say and I'm just really scared of how you're going to react and I might end up not telling you after all," He continues rambling, so I cut him off again.

"Okay, Luke, if this really is that important, just tell me. You don't need to be afraid of how I'm going to react or what I'm going to say, because I'm sure it's not that bad. I mean, you hid your entire band from me and I didn't freak out, right? So seriously, how bad can it be?"

He sighed and nodded his head, trying to convince himself it'll all end up being right, I think. Like, what else could he be nodding at?

"Okay, if you're sure you want to hear it, then here it goes..." He mumbled.

Wow, I thought I was queen of procrastinating... Not that Luke is the ultimate queen, because he can't be a queen. So, he'll be the king...? I guess that makes him my king; king and queen of procrastinating. Doesn't sound that bad.

"Kimberly, I like you." Luke sighs.

"I know, you told me already. It's why we're friends." I tell him a bit confused.

"No, I mean I really like you, as in more than a friend. Like, I want you to be my girlfriend, I want to hold your hand whenever, kiss you whenever, hug you or just hold you and cuddle whenever. I want to be with you; boyfriend and girlfriend." He rushes out.