Chapter 1

KIARA

"Kiki, I'm hungry" Chloe whined.

I picked her up and sat her on my lap while trying to calm her down.

"We don't have any food right now, but I'll get you a sandwich tomorrow if you stop crying okay?"

"Okay" Chloe said rubbing her eyes.

I picked her up and put her on the bed and tucked her in making sure she was comfortable.

My name is Kiki, and I am mother at the age of 17. No, Chloe isn't my real daughter, she's my sister but I treat her like a parent.  My mother passed away, 3 years ago which was a few months after Chloe was born, and ever since that my father starting drinking and using drugs to mask away his pain. Not knowing that he was causing pain towards Chloe & I. Things got worse when he started raping me. It was the worst, my father was my best friend.

I laid my head back on the bed and drifted off to sleep while holding onto Chloe.

*

It was 7:43, and I knew I was going to be late to school. Chloe didn't want me to leave her with my father, but we couldn't afford to take her to daycare.

"Chloe, remember, i'll get you a sandwich if you behave okay?"

"Yes kiki" She said while putting her hand down.I got down and hugged her tightly.

"I love you pooh" I said kissing her on the cheek.

I got ready and  then started walking to school.

8:23 AM

Once I walked into the classroom, it was dead silence and everyone starting looking at me.

"Ms.Carter come up to the front of the class please."

I sighed and walked up to the classroom.

"Why are you late?" Mr.Kenning said

"I just woke up late.."

"Well, this is the last time you better wake up late, now go take a seat."

Today was going to be a long day...

TRE

I looked up from my phone and watched Mr.Kenning scolding some girl I've seen before but never paid any mind to her. As I started to examine her body, she was actually really cute, nice hips, and cute face. But I won't ruin my reputation messing with someone like her. Poor.

After class was finish and it was time for lunch. I headed downstairs and sat with my boys. My main nigga was X, but his real name is Xavier, and my sister Kenya.

"Y'all saw that girl Mr.Kenning was yelling at today?" X said laughing

"Yeah man, she's hit as fuck. She got holes in her jeans and she stay wearing those same pair of converse" I said and the whole table busted out laughing.

"Damn, y'all mad mean she not even that ugly.. She just need new clothes" Kenya said.

"Why you acting like y'all best friends or something?" I said

"Nah, y'all just being mad rude for no reason. Imma go sit with her." Kenya said, getting up and walking to Kiki's table.

KIARA

As a usual lunch period, I was sitting by myself. I put my PB&J in my bag, keeping it for Chloe. I started to eat my apple, when I felt a shadow behind me.

"Hey, I'm Kenya whats your name?" Kenya said sitting down next to me

"My name is Kiara, but most call me Kiki" I said with a dimple surfacing from my cheek.

"Why you came late?You know Mr.Kenning a trip"

"I just woke up late and he getting his panties in a bunch. He gets me tight"

"Girl, you seem cool. Gimme your number we should chill some time"

"Oh, I don't have a phone. It um... fell the toilet" I lied. I didn't want her to think I was broke even though I was.

"Oh, that's fine but you should come to my house then"

"Yeah, that's fine maybe tomorrow?"

"Yeah, that would good. Anyways, Imma go back to my table. Bye girl" Kenya said walking up and going to her table.

*

After school, I started to walk back home instead of taking the bus to clear my mind.

Once I got into the house, I started calling for Kiki.

"Did you buy me sandwich today?"

"Yeah here." I digged inside my bag, and pulled out the PB&J and gave it to her.

"Go sit down and watch some cartoons."

"Okay thank you Kiki" She said running to the sofa.

I started walking up stairs, and I seen the bedroom light closed. So I knew my dad wasn't home.

I went to my room and started to work on my homework with my headphones on blast.

*4 hours later*

I woke up from my nap with my dad bursting into the room and he starting yanking on my hair and shoved me down the steps.

"GET THE FUCK OUT MY HOUSE, I'M J-JJUST TIRED OF YOU!!" He started to slur his words. I knew he was drunk from the stink of the liquor.

He then dropped down my book bag, and threw some of me and Chloe's clothes. I then packed them in my school bag and grabbed onto Chloe and picked her up because she was sleeping.

Silent tears were rolling down my face as I walked down the street, looking for anything.. Hope.

A car started to slow down and the window started to roll down.

"Ayo, you need a ride ma?"

Hope you guys enjoy! I Love ya! Comment and enjoy :)