Chapter 20

TRE

I pulled up to my grandmas house because I knew Kiara was there and I really need to talk to her. I walked up to the front door and my grandmother opened the door.

"Was good grand moms." I said giving her a hug.

"Hello, are you hungry?" She said moving to the side allowing me to walk in.

"Is that even a question, of course I'm hungry." I said walking to the kitchen. She followed behind me and handed me a plate of breakfast.

"I knew you was going to be here." She said while handing me the utensils.

"Is Kiara awake?" I asked her.

"Yeah she went out somewhere with Kenya and Chloe, why?"

"Nothing, just asking." I said continuing to eat my food. I picked up my phone and texted Kiara.

Tre: Wya?

Kiara: Out.

Tre: We need to talk

Kiara: K.

Tre: You gon' be like that?

Read 12:38PM

I sighed and placed my phone down.

KIARA

I read his message and ignored him and put my phone back in my purse.

"Why you looking sad?" Kenya asked me.

"Nothing, let's just continue shopping." I said giving her a fake smile. Me and Kenya were shopping for our prom and graduation dresses.

I grabbed Chloe's hand and we walked into another dress store.

"What if I get bigger and my dress doesn't fit? Should I just wait a few days before prom and graduation." Kenya asked me

"Nah, let's just check now anyways its gonna be ripped off of you by X." I said smiling at her.

"Ew! Thats how I got this little baby in my stomach now." She said laughing with me.

"Oh, look at this." I said going up to a dress that was red gown with a strapless lace.

"Where this Kenya!" I said shoving it up to her.

"Ok Ok Lemme go and try it!" She said grabbing the dress and speed walking to the fitting room. After a while, Kenya got out and it looked so beautiful on her.

"OMG, KENYA! This is the one I swear." I said

"Omg, do you think?" She said flatting down her dress and looking at herself.

"Do I think? Hell yeah. It's so cute!"

"Okay! I'm going to go get it!" She said going back into the fitting room and putting back her clothes. We went up to the cashier to go buy it.

"You total price is $157.99c" The cashier said. After we paid for it we went to the food court to go buy food. After getting our food, I went to go take a seat with Chloe and Kenya.

"Ugh my legs are so swollen, you gotta drive us back home Kiara." Kenya said dipping her fry into a ketchup and eating it.

I nodded my head and asked her "Are you gonna move in with X after the baby?"

"I'm not sure because he has his own house so it could be good, but I don't wanna leave my grandma!" She said poking out her lips.

"Aw you guys are so cute, but to be honest you should move in with him."

"Damn, you want the room all to yourself?" She joked.

"I don't want you to leave but I feel like it would make you mature better, you know?" I said sipping on my slushy.

"Yeah you right. But anyways lets go." She said getting up and throwing our trash.

Shockingly, I got us home safety. After unlocking the house door I walked in noticed Tre sitting down watching T.V. I grabbed Chloe's hand and walked upstairs ignoring his presence. I threw my shopping bag and put it on top of my bed and took my clothes out and put on some black and white PINK shorts and a white tank top. I also took out Chloe's clothes and put on her favorite green skirt and pink shirt.

I headed downstairs to the kitchen to retrieve a bag of chips and I took a seat in the living room on the opposite side of Tre.

"Kiara lemme talk to you."

"We are talking." I said still looking at the television

"C'mon, i'm being serious."

"Me too."

"Kiara you know I love you! Stop fronting like you don't feel the same."

"I do love you too, but..." I said taking my eyes off his brown eyes because he had an effect on me. I wiped the tears away with my shirt.

He shifted his body closer to mine and placed my head on his chest. "Don't cry baby girl, imma be here for you."