Chapter 23

A few days before prom me and Kenya was shopping for dresses for graduation, and I just have been sad lately because ever since my agrument with Tre, we haven't been speaking lately. It was just good morning and goodnight. We didn't even say I love you. I don't even think we are gonna go to prom together.

"Because it would be tight on my sto- KIARA! You're not even listening to me." Kenya said.

I cut my eyes to her and getting out of my daydreaming. "Oh sorry, I was just thinking."

"You said that like ten times today, are you okay?" She asked me.

"Yeah, i'm good. I just been thinking."

"C'mon tell me, what you been thinking about?"

"Idk, me and Tre haven't spoken in a while, and prom is coming up and i just don't even know if I wanna go."

"You are definitely going to go! This is a once in a lifetime."

"I don't wanna go by myself."

"You can go with me!"

"Girl.. I know you going with X."

"You can hang out with us though." She said laughing.

"I'll think about it."

After finish shopping, I found a dress so we were ready to go. We went to go get something to eat and we were driving home and I drove because Kenyas feet were swollen. Kenya gasped as she looked down at her phone and then looked back at me with wide eyes.

"Are you okay?" I said looking over at her and then back at the road.

"Tre has a new girlfriend." Once she said that my heart dropped.

"How do you know?"

"X just texted me, and he said he is with them." She said looking at me with sympathy in her eyes. I just couldn't believe how fast he moved on, did he even actually love me?

"We should go their house." She said.

"Where are they now?"

"He told me that they are chilling at his house."

I was thinking, I wasn't sure if I should just go and show up.

"I don't know... It's going to be awkward."

"Let's go. Pleasee" She whined as she dragged out the e.

"Okay, let's go. Put in his address." I told Kenya. She put in X'S address, and we drove there.

Fifteen minutes later, we were in front of his house. I was so nervous i wanted to throw up.

"We should just go back home." I said looking at her.

"Bitch... we going!" She said getting out the car and pulling me out the car. We walked up to the front door and she rang the door. X opened the door and it looked like he seen a ghost.

"Was good." He said stepping to the side letting us walk in. We walked over to the living room and I seen Tre and his new girl, and she was sitting his lap.

I took a seat the furthest from them and I would have pulled out my phone but I didn't want to hold anything that he bought for me. The only thing that made the room less awkward was the television that was on.

"So why y'all came here uninvited." X asked us.

"We can't come here and hang out shit?" Kenya said with attitude.

With narrowed eyes, I looked over at Tre and his new girl and I seen them giggling and hugging. Which made my stomach turn.

"X where is the bathroom?" I asked him.

"Upstairs to the left." He said. I got up and walked upstairs to the bathroom. When I got into the bathroom, I put the toilet seat down and I silently cried so people wouldn't hear me.

I really couldn't believe how fast Tre moved on. It was obvious that he didn't and never loved me. I should have went with my guts and believe that the only person that truly love me was Chloe.

KNOCK KNOCK

"Wait!" I yelled.

I went to get some tissue but there was none, so I went to go and take toilet paper and dried my eyes. I opened the door and bumped Tre as my head hit his chest, so I fell on my feet.

"You good?" He said kneeling down and pulling a hand down.

I pulled myself up. "I'm fine." I said and continue walking past him