Chapter 2

KIARA

"Ayo, you need a ride ma?"

"Um... no thanks?" I said speeding up down the block faster.

The car than begin to stop, and the man got out of the car.

I squinted my eyes and it was familiar shape, but I didn't know who.

"Cmon ma, lemme give you a ride" He got out of the dark and I was able to see him.

It was Tre,and all the girls were in love with him. This made me more safe to get in the car with him.

"Uh... okay" I walked over to his car and sat Chloe very tightly in the backseat since there weren't any car seats.

"So where you need to go?" He said

"Actually, my dad kicked me out and I don't know where to go. But I have enough money for at least a week for a motel room and some food. So you can drop me off at a motel"

"I got an extra room at my crib, if you wanna stay there for a while"

"Uh, no it's fine. I mean you are already giving me this ride." I said looking down.

"Nah, it's fine I can even drive you to school."

I looked back at Chloe, and I knew it would be better to be at his house than in some motel where prostitutes go.

"Okay, I guess."

The car ride back to his house was dead silent.

*

I picked up Chloe and took my book bag and walked into the house. It was so big, it had about 5 rooms and a bathroom in each with a pool and a kitchen, dinning room and a big ass living room. This is like the white house compared to where I live.

"Wow, your house is mad big. You live alone?" I said

"Yeah, I do. I was tired of my mommas bullshit. I love her, but she get me tight."

At least you have a mom I thought to myself, but decided against saying it out loud.

He showed me to my room and it was big enough for me and Chloe to live in.

I laid Chloe down in the bed, and I went downstairs to where he was sitting in the living room.

I took a seat, but there was seat in between us.

"Thank you... you know, for taking me in" I said looking at the television. And I could feel him staring at me.

"It's whatever ma, I mean you seem hella cool and shit."

TRE

She was so beautiful, her chocolate brown skin and her sexy ass body. Damn, I should've hit this in freshman year.

"Why you all the way over there, come sit next to me." I pulled her to sit next to me.

"So why yo pops kicked you out?" I asked her

She didn't say anything for a while, and then she looked up at me.

"Well, it's complicated. It goes back years and.. I'm just exhausted."

"Oh, it's fine if you need to talk to me, i got chu."

"Thank y-" She cut off by my phone ringer.

"Yo wassup X?"

..............

"What you mean someone broke in and stole the snow?" I got up and pulled up my pants.

.........................

"Aight man imma be there in like 15. Don't let anyone get tf out." I looked down at Kiara.

"Ayo.. I need to go back to the trap house, some happen." I got up and started driving to the trap house

KIARA

Hearing Tre scream on the phone kinda scared me. I thought he got some type of anger issues.

I started heading up stairs to take a quick shower. I hopped out and brushed my teeth, and i wore my second and only other underwear and put on a big white t-shirt and hugged Chloe tightly and drifted off to sleep.

6:00AM

I woke up and took Chloe a shower and took myself a shower afterwards, and brushed both our teeths. I put on my old pants from last year with holes, and my black and white converse with laces that are shredding.

I went downstairs and saw Tre pouring cereal, but I decided to take an apple for me and Chloe and sit in the living room waiting for him.

"Ayo, you ready Kiara?" Tre said.

"Um yeah, but I don't know where to put Chloe because she doesn't attend daycare because we couldn't afford it."

"Oh that's cool, I'll give her to my grandmother who lives not that far from here"

"Yeah, that would be fine thanks."

After putting Chloe to his grandmother. I got in the car and we started to drive to school.

"I gotta surprise for you after school ma" He said while staring at me with his chocolate brown eyes.

"Oh my god! I hate surprises. I swear it better be something good."

"Don't worry beautiful you would love it." He started to park into the schools parking lot and we got out. He opened the door for me and we started walking into school.

Walking to school it was dead silent and everyone looked our way. I felt like running out of the school and under my covers.

"Fuck y'all looking at?" Tre yelled and everyone started to go bout they business

He held my hand tightly and whispered "Don't worry ma, no one gonna hurt you."

It's gonna be a long ass day.