Chapter 3

KIARA

I felt so protected in the arms of the one and only Tre. I was really starting to feel for him.

During lunch, I sat with Tre, X and Kenya and some other people who just tag along.

"Why you be wearing that same jeans every single day? Damn how good is yo laundry machine." X said. Everyone started to bust out laughing.

Tre shot him a look and looked back at me, but I just got up and spedwalk to the bathroom. I heard Tre calling for me, but hot tears were flowing and I couldn't hold it back.

I flung the bathrooms door open and went into the stalls and started crying.

KENYA

"Bruh, why you wild on her like that for?" I said getting angry.

"Like you're mad rude for no reason i swear." I added.

"It was just a joke, I don't know why she taking it to the heart." Smoke replied back.

"You don't know what she been through like forreal." I got up and walked to the schools bathroom.

"Hello? Kiara you here?" I heard quiet sobbing and sniffling and I went into the stall that sounded the loudest.

"Oh my god! Don't cry baby girl, he's just a fuck boy." I said rubbing her back as she cried.

"No, because everyone in this school always tryna say some shit to me, like I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth." She said sobbing.

"How about you sleepover my house, we can have a girls night out?"

"Yea I don't got nothing to do anyways." She said wiping her tears.

KIARA

*AFTER SCHOOL*

I walked up to Tre and X and tapped on Tre's shoulders.

"Uh, can you take me to your grandmothers. So I can get my sister?" I said with some attitude.

"That's cool, but I still gotta show you your surprise." He said with a smirk.

"No thanks, I'm going to your sisters house for the night. I just need my sister."

"Damn, it's like that? Aigh bet just give me my 5 minutes." He said getting irritated.

"Whatever." I said walking out to the schools parking lot, standing next to his car.

After the 5 minutes, Tre came out and went inside the car and unlocked in and I got in. The ride to his grandmothers house was silent that you could even hear a pin drop.

After he started pulling up to his grandmothers house. I said thanks, but he ain't say nothing but just a head nod.

I got out the car and picked up Chloe. I didn't know where Kenya lived because I forgot to ask her for her address. So, I decided to go back home with Chloe.

"Today was fun for you Chloe?"

"Yeah! We was pwlaying games and she let me ewat and watch t.v."

"Good! But maybe you won't go tomorrow. I might stay with you." I couldn't afford a daycare or babysitter. So, I might just stay home or even drop out of high school. I started walking to the nearby motel and rented out a room for 35 a night.

"Kiki, is Tre cwoming to live with uws.?"

"Oh no, he is just a friend. He probably wont come no more. But it's okay. I got you."

I took Chloe a bath and i put her in pj's and put her to bed.

5:30AM

I woke up extra early and got me and Chloe prepared and I gave her a granola bar to start the day. I decided to go to school and try to leave her in Tre's grandmothers house. At least for today.

KNOCK KNOCK

"Oh Hello Kiara, what you doing so early?" Tre's grandmother Sylvia said with her Gucci head wrap still on.

"Hi um, I was wondering can you watch Chloe again for today. I'm sorry to bug you, it would only be for today until I can find someone to watch her."

"Oh heavens no! I can watch her all school year long honey."

"Oh my god, thank you so much!"

"It's alright sweet thing."

I started walking to school and luckily I got there early enough to get the schools breakfast.

8:00AM

When the bell rang, I went upstairs to class and of course I saw Tre and X. I went to go sit in the back of the class and watch the day go by.

Tre tried to talk to me by poking me with a pencil. "Yo why you ignoring me?"

"Um because, I'm in class and trying to do my work?"

"For someone who drove you to my grandma's house, I would at least want a hello."

"I already said thank you, you didn't say anything so that's yo own fault."

"Damn girl, you got an attitude for daddy?" He said while biting his lip. I smiled a little and ignored him and continuing doing my work.

LUNCH PERIOD

I went back to my old lunch table by myself. I didn't wanna speak to X because he's just rude as hell. Kenya walked over to my table.

"Girl, I'm mad at you."

"Why? What I do?"

"You ain't come to my house yesterday. I was waiting for yo ass at the door." She said laughing.

"Then be mad at yourself because you didn't even gimme your address."

"Oh shit. You right, you right. Aight here's my address." She took a napkin and started writing her address.

"Okay thanks but come with me after school to pick my sister up at your grandmothers." I told her while putting my napkin in my bag.

"My grandmothers? What you mean?"