Chapter 18

KIARA

MOTHERS DAY

I woke up and looked straight at the ceiling. Three years so far without my mom and I just wanted nothing more but just to lay down in bed all day with Chloe. I was daydreaming so long that I didn't notice Tre walking into the room. He jumped on the bed which scared me.

"Oh my god, you scared me." I said hitting his chest lightly and sitting up.

"Why you still bed? You usually up by now." He asked me.

"I just don't feel well today." I said rubbing my eyes.

"Feel better ma. Imma be downstairs if you need me." He said and got up and headed downstairs.

I threw the bed sheets off of me and got up and headed towards the bathroom. I took my toothbrush and started brushing my teeth and then I got into the bathroom and washed my body down and washed my hair. I got out the bathroom and wrapped myself with a towel and wrapped my hair with a towel so water wont't hit the floor. After I finish putting on lotion, I took out the towel on my hair and let my curly hair air dry. I headed over to the closet and took out black top and beige capris. As I was about to take my phone out the charger I heard the door knock.

"Come in!" I yelled still walking over to my phone.

"Happy mowders day!" Chloe screamed. I turned around and had the widest smile and I went over to hug her.

"Thank you baby." I said. She pushed me back and handed my roses and a handwritten card.

"I love you Kiki." She said smiling at me.

"Aww, I love you so much my little angel." I said smiling down at her

"Angel?  What dat mean?"

I smiled, "It means you're my guardian and you are the reason why I'm here today. I love you so much." I pulled her back in for a hug.

She gave me a kiss on the lips, "I love you too."

"What you wanna do today Chloe, today is just me and you." I asked her.

"Can we go to the pawk today?"

"Alright, did you take a shower today?"

She nodded her head.

"Okay, head downstairs I'll be there in a minute."

"Okay." She said and running downstairs. I placed the card and roses down on the dresser top and went to go put on my all white converse. I then put my hair in a curly messy bun. I took my phone and headed downstairs. I went to the kitchen and saw Sylvia, Kenya and Tre.

"Bye y'all, imma head out with Chloe. Tre can you come pick me up after?" I asked him.

"Yeah just hit my line."

I walked out the kitchen and went to go get Chloe.

First I wanted to see my mom. So, I took a taxi to the graveyard and me and Chloe walked over to her tomb. I placed down the roses Chloe gave me. I silently cried so Chloe won't think I was weak. I had to be strong for her. After I was talking to my mom about what has been happening in my life.

"Hi mommy. Me and Chloe both miss you so much even though she doesn't remember you." I started playing with the rose petals. "I met a group of nice people who took me in as family and I wish you were here to meet them."

"Chloe you wanna say something?"

She shyly shrugged her shoulders, "I dunno."

 I laughed and we both decided to get up and leave.

So me and Chloe we walked to the park since it wasn't that far. Once we got to the park, me and Chloe played tag, tug a war and all the games. I got tired and went to go sit down. Every once in a while I would look up from my phone to make sure she was in my eyesight. I texted Tre to start coming to pick me up.

I felt someone overshadowing me from the sun. I looked up from my phone and took my glasses off.

"Can I help you?" I said looking at the young man who was fine as hell, but I wasn't trying to get into nothing.

"Can I sit next to you?" He asked me.

"Sure.." I said awkwardly.

He sat besides me and asked, "So whats your name?"

"My name is Kiara." I said giving him a friendly smile.

"My name is Christopher, but you can call me Chris." He said offering his hand.

I reached over and shook his hand. "So what brings you over here?" I asked him.

"I was just chilling, how about you?"

"Oh, I was just coming here with my sister." I said pointing to Chloe.

"Can I get your number?" He asked bluntly.

"Oh.. I got a boyfriend. Hes coming to pick me up." I started scanning to look. "He should be here any minute now."

"So that means we cant be friends?" He said giving me a smirk.

"I mean sure, you seem cool and stuff." I gave him my phone number and locked it in his phone. He got up and stuffed his phone in his pocket and said, "Aight cool, imma head out. Imma see you later."

He spread his arms wide which was signaling me to give him a hug. I didn't want to be rude, so I got up and gave him a hug and that's when I heard someone yelling and I automatically knew it was Tre. I jerked my head towards the sound and saw Tre walking over here.

"Yo Kiara what chu you doing?" He said with a mixture of confusion and anger in his face.

"What?" I said acting dumb.

"You think I'm stupid? You all boo'd up with some other nigga?."

"I just met him today!" I said getting loud with him.

"Nah, this is why yo dad tried to pimp yo thot ass out. How many other niggas you fucking around with?"

"Tre are you serious right now? You not even letting me talk." I looked at him with hurt in my face.

"Get yo ass in the car."

I was just so exhausted and I was just so tired of fighting with him, that I took Chloe and started walking.

"Yo, you good Kiara?" Chris asked. I nodded my head and continued to walk to the car. I placed Chloe in the backseat and I got in the passenger seat.

The drive home was silent, you could only hear Chloe's soft snores in the car. Tre placed his free hand on my thigh.

"Kiara, i'm sor-"

"Stick your apology up your ass forreal." I said moving my leg away from him.

"I deserve it." He said nodding his head. I ignored him and kept looking out the window as tears were surfacing my eyes but I tried to blink them away.

TRE

Damn! I fucked up. Ion why my insecure ass is always wailing on Kiara. I think she done with me this time the way she looked at me. But I don't blame her. It is so much a person can take.

"Tre." Kiara said still looking out the window.

"Whats good?" I said looking over at her and then back at the road.

"Do you still wanna be together?" She said finally looking at me.