He Disappeared?!!

You finally had been able to complete the very late lunch, but it had come to your attention that Midori hadn't bothered you for a while.  You began to worry.

What if he turned back into a cat? what if he found a new owner?  What if he hates me now for scolding him?
Cats are free-spirited, after all, he could've easily moved on.

Suddenly feeling powerless,your knees give out and you fall to the ground, tears welling up.

I was too harsh...

Tap.  Tap.  Creak.  Quiet footsteps shuffle downstairs.

"Geez...you always have been such a crybaby, my adorable master," Midori said, having woken up from his nap in the closet.  Yawning loudly, he patted you on the head, ruffling up your hair. 

Midori squatted down in front of you and bent forward until your foreheads touched.  You could feel the gentle flutter of his eyelashes as he looked into your eyes.

"M-midoriiiii....W-why did you disappear like that?"  The tears were falling.  You couldn't control them and hardly knew why his absence had made you feel so weird.  If he were his normal fluffy self, you would've assumed he found a comfy box.

It would seem that in the past few weeks, human Midori had wormed his way into your heart and began filling your thoughts.

"Did'ya miss me that badly?"  

"P-please...just please...Don't leave me ever again.  I don't know what I'd do if something happened to you," your voice broke a little as you said this.  This new Midori didn't possibly feel like he could or would stay.

He's just so strange...he's not my small fluffy kitty anymore.

"Anyways, why are you on the floor?" Midori said, blushing slightly at your honesty and turning away to hide it.

"'Cause when you vanished like that...I...got scared...," your embarrassment evident.  Now that you were thinking about it, what had just happened was kinda mortifying.  You looked at the ground, clasping your hands together in your lap.

I can't tell him that all of the sudden my legs gave out.  That sounds so silly.  A fully grown adult male having his legs give out because he was scared?

"I just sat down...you know?  S-sitting down is supposed to be good for you."

I think...

Midori sighed at your obvious blustering but then smirked, leaning forward and he lifts you from the ground.  While Midori is straightening his back holding you carefully, you realize that he's trying to pick you up princess-style. Where his arms are wrapped around you grew hot, sending tingles down your spine.  Another smirk.

You begin to struggle, blushing profusely, "P-put me down...NOW...."

A guy being carried like a princess...This is so embarassing...Hurry up and drop me, you goof!

"Aw, but you're so cute like this," Midori's rough, sandpapery tongue flicks across your earlobe, evoking a gasp from you.  You push against his chest with your arms.

"S-stop it." 

"You don't mean it,  or else you'd be trying harder to get away.  Nice try, Master."

Does he have some kind of warped view of my strength from being a cat?  This is as hard as I can push.

"NOW...," you insist, wriggling in his arms to try and loosen his gentle but firm grip.

"Don't be shy now," Midori's eyes lock on yours and his canines flash in the light as he smiles.

Who's being shy?!

"NOW! Or else I-I'll...never let you sleep in my bed again!"

Does that even qualify as a threat?

Midori sighs, sounding very disappointed, "And I was planning to have my way with you, too...such a shame."

You blush an even brighter shade of red, responsing indignantly, "You...you pervert!"

This cat doesn't have even one normal thought filling that head of his!