Misunderstanding

~Author's pov~

This chapter is written from Rei's pov.  Well, hope you guys enjoy!

I wake up in Hoshi's arms, being cradled gently.

Heh....looks like he still doesn't view me as as anything more than a little brother...we're not even blood-related...idiot

After mussing over that for a second, I remember mister kitty.

Gosh, I had the strangest dream about him last night.  I wonder what he'd think about it...hehe, he'd probably give me that 'are you serious' stare again.

I lean against my brothers chest, feeling fuzzy from his warmth. 

Speaking of which, why is he on my bed?  Well, he never was good at sleeping alone...

Sitting up, I start shaking his shoulders to wake him up.

"Hey, bro, you're gonna be late for work," I joked, Hoshi sat up immediatly, head-butting me painfully. 

"C-crap!  Tissue!"

I bent over in pain, clutching my nose.  I could feel the blood beginning to flow freely. 

"Eep!  I'm so sorry, Rei!" Hoshi apologized, a hand on his forehead where it had collided with my nose.  He hurriedly got out of bed and grabbed the box of tissues on my desk from across the room.

I quickly reached for one, staunching the flow of blood. 

"H-hey...Rei, are you okay after last night?" my brother asked, a genuine look of concern filling his face.

"What do you mean?" I replied, unsure of what he meant and still more focused on the bloody nose waterfall occuring.

"There was a stranger in here with you last night, trying to kidnap you!  How do you not remember something like that?!  Did he drug you?!  Shoot, I knew I should've called the cops!"  my brother fretted, yelling worriedly.

There was a stranger in my room? ....I don't remember anything like that...unless....no....I need to be sure....

I interupt his rant, "-Erm...will you promise to believe me if I say something crazy sounding?"  I question, a serious expression on my face.

He looked at me for a second before deciding, "Yes, I trust you."

"Well...I had a weird dream about the cat crying...."  I say, not certain that he would be able to trust the rest.

"So what?  Maybe our cat has a weird condition, I fail to see what that has to do with you almost being kidnapped."

"That's not all though, I dreamed that he, all the sudden, was a human....well... Mostly human, his ears and tail were still there.  I don't remember any more than that," I finish, Hoshi looking completely doubtful of my story, "If you don't believe me, then how about I describe how he looked?" 

I hope I don't sound crazy...

Hoshi sighed and nodded curtly and I started describing what I remembered, "Well, he had (h/c) hair, and (e/c) eyes.  He wasn't as big as me either.  Oh!  And he was completely naked!"

Staring at me contemplatively, Hoshi mumbled, "That does sound like him.... But this is a bit difficult to wrap my head around.  You're saying that our cat magically became a human and I threw him out?"

"Yes, that's exactly what I'm... wait.... You threw him out?!  What if some freaky scientist gets a hold of him?!  Did you not even bother to try to find out what was happening?"  I shrieked, completely pissed off at my idiot of a big brother.