Those Days When You Feel Dead

Voices were echoing all around you, each sounding different. One was angry, one was shocked, and the last one wasn't quite familiar to you.

Where am I? Why is it so dark? It feels like their voice is getting further and further away...please come back...don't leave me alone...

You felt your hand twitch as something squeezed it. Someone was holding your hand, trembling.

Why are he shaking? Is it me they're worried about? No, that's not possible...Kal hates me now, Midori must hate me too. After all, Midori looked just as shocked as Kal did.

"...Y/N...please...please wake up. That's all I'll ever ask of you, I don't care if you aren't human...I fell in love with you, not your appearance."

"I've loved you for so long. How is it possible for me not to love you for something you or I never expected...," the source of the voice goes silent for a moment, but then resumes whispering in a soft loving voice, "I'm...so sorry, Y/N...Midori explained to me. He punched me twice...though with the pain I caused you, I deserved way more."

"I told you that I loved you, but here I am causing you pain. I-I beg you...please wake up, I want to be with you for the rest of my life. How could I abandon my cute boyfriend?" The voice, who you now realized was none other than Kal, seemed to be choked up with emotion. He softly held to what you assumed to be your hand.

With tremendous effort, you managed to rasp out, "...mew...," and slightly lift your head, causing you to feel an immense amount of pain in the back of your head.

"Y/N?! Y-you're awake!? Midori, he's awake!" yelled a tearful Kal.

Regardless of the pain, you cracked your eyes open. What greeted you were three blurry figures that seemed to be swirling around in from of you.

"The pain medicine should've taken effect. He might not be awake much longer, but he'll surely feel much better," a mater-of-fact voice stated, seeming to have come from the hulking figure on the far right.

A hand reached down to you, caressing your back. You emitted a gravely purr as you slipped back into the bliss known as oblivion.

Kal, I don't hate you...I want to tell you how much I love you...I want to wake up and see my two most loved people, the two that I never want to leave. Midori, Kal I love you both more than life itself.

As you were filled with warmth, knowing that in your heart, you'd always love the two of them. As you felt yourself losing consciousness, voices began breaking into your thoughts, "I know you trust me with him because I'm the most skilled in this field, but... it would take a miracle to keep this kitten alive. I'm afraid that the most humane choice would be to euthanize him. I know that this is a hard decision, but-"

A door slammed open, interrupting what sounded like Midori's veterinarian. A relatively carefree voice, quite loudly said, "Well if it isn't Mr. Kitten! I suppose I owe an apology for not warning you of the aftereffects of mating with Midori..."

"Oh well...-Anyways, you sure make an adorable feline! But I guess I should fix this, huh?"

Midori's shocked voice confronted the stranger, "I-it's you!!? The one that-"

"-turned you human so you could be with the one you love? Heh, well...I guess I did do that. But what about what you did, hmm?"

"I don't really understand what you're implying," Midori's slightly annoyed voice stated frankly.

Midori? What does he mean?...

"I'm saying that in your rush to see your beloved "kitten," you neglected to learn the consequences of your actions. In other words, he's able to fully shift into a cat...or in his case, a kitten. Usually those presented with this situation would be...informed...In fact, he should be able to shift out of this form whenever he desires to."

A soft "ahem"could be heard from across the room, "Sir, I do believe that you're intruding on these two gentlemen and their severely injured pet. Not to mention, rambling about crazy topics. May I escort you out?" the voice that you'd now confirmed to be Midori's veterinarian's voice.

"Ooh, feisty...boys like you always act all high and mighty, but in reality you very lewd, right Mr. Vet?" the unfamiliar voice said, very blatantly flirting with the other male.

You felt your face grow hot

Is he seriously speaking to that uptight doctor this way?

"Are you going to continue to interrupt me while I'm at my job, or will you kindly go to the waiting room? These two are free to accompany you, but I am very strict in areas concerning saving animal lives," the very composed veterinarian stated firmly.

"What if I want you to pay me attention?" the oblivious playboy stated cockily.

"Then return with ears and a tail in a week," the doctor said, ending their conversation abruptly.

Everyone was silent after that and the sound of the door creaking notified you of the stranger's exiting the room. It didn't take long for you to begin drifting back to sleep, you were just too tired to be able to process the entire previous conversation.

~Author's pov~

I'm so sorry for lack of activity on wattpad lately. I entered a slump and found it difficult to respond to people and ended up not doing anything, as for writing. I tried to make this chapter long as a bit of an apology, and I will try to post more regularly. Not posting is kind of depressing because I really like writing and getting feedback. I appreciate the comments you guys post, even if the majority is just asking when the next chapter will be out. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and that it makes up for some of my slacking.
(^ v ^)~

Plus, I plan making the doctor and the unfamiliar man into their own thing! (Eventually.)