Today's the day

You finally made it to work on time, even though the result was a sulky Midori tagging along behind you. His lower lip jutted out and his eyes were downcast.

It was difficult, having cat ears, but with your job it worked out to your advantage.

Can you guess where you work?

(*author laughs nervously* it seemed like a good idea when I had it.)

You work in a cat eared maid and butler cafe, along with Midori.

Him being your coworker caused a large increase in the amount of people present...due to the obvious temptation of yaoi.

The lovely customers basically were audience to Midori's harassment of you, which they labeled as "cute."

The regular customers of course picked up on both of your absences and assumed what any yaoi fan would.

Plus, you had a friend, who also worked there, that assumed you and Midori were in a relationship, which you kinda were.

Kal, your best friend since childhood, was always there for you and cared for you like you were his own little brother.  He had been there for you numerous times.

He was tall, had dirty blonde hair, warm, brown doe eyes, and a smile that no one could resist (not that he ever used it when you weren't around)

When you got to work, Kal smiled at you and said, "Missed you yesterday, hope you weren't feeling sick."

You respond, "n-no, something held me up and I couldn't make it."

He saw Midori, who was racing to catch up with you and his expression turned sour but quickly he reverted back to his happy self.  Kal didn't exactly like Midori and Midori well...he didn't exactly care.

Midori was dressed in a rocker outfit, studs, spikes, black, and Metallica, need I say more?  His outfit complemented his black hair and made his icy blue eyes pop.  His tail, like yours, was hidden inside a pant leg, and his ears hidden among his hair. 

Midori and Kal didn't really get along, so today was going to be tons of....fun.

~Authors pov~

I thought I'd give Midori a rival, possible create a three way! They've never really been my thing, but typing it is a lot of fun!