Missed You

Your head knocks against the plush back of the driver's seat.  With a soft groan, you push up from the seats, looking out the windows to see the parking lot of the grocery store you frequented.  Hushed voices were talking behind the car.  Glancing back, you see Midori and Kal talking to Hoshi.  Then you notice Rei slouched over in the passenger side.

He must've went to sleep on the drive.  I guess Hoshi must've carried me...Hope I wasn't heavy...

A gentle smile tugged its way across your face.

Home.

The door opened easily with a sharp click, practically leaping out of the car, you jumped into Midori's arms.  Only to find that they were suddenly so far away.

The ground is closer...it smells weird here.  Why are my clothes still in the car? 

"Mrowr."

Midori.  Look at me.  Kal, pick me up.  It's so much colder when I'm not snuggled up in both of your arms.

As if Midori had heard your inner thoughts and not the measly meow you had let out, his gaze drifted to where you sat in a heap on the concrete.  His beautiful eyes widened.

I'm home, Midori. 

He quickly paced over to you, the you that was mewing incessantly.

I love you.  I missed you.  I'm so happy to be with you.  Are you okay?

Scooping you up and pressing your soft, furry self to his chest, Midori's voice rumbled against your whole body and he murmured, "y/n."

It was as if the world had stopped, Kal came running over, his sweet smell enveloping you, along with his arms. 

Kal pushed himself back, "I thought-I-I-," he choked on tears, freely running down his face.

"I was scared," the usually cocky Midori whispered.  "So scared."

He's never sounded this fragile...it's times like this that I realize he's just my sweet little kitten.  Funny that we've switched places.

A smile tugging at the corner of his mouth, Hoshi gathered your clothes and handed them to Kal.  A wave was your good bye, but you felt almost certain that you would see them again.

"Kerchew!" you sniffled.  Kal giggled through the tears.

"Let's go home, silly Master," Midori laughed, holding you closer than you felt possible.

Yes.  Let's do that.

Your claws scrabbled along Midori's shirt, catching on to the fabric, so you could heave yourself up.  About a minute later, having expended a lot of energy, you sat on Midori's head.  Very proud of yourself.

So soft! 

You huffed into his ear, causing Midori to flinch.

"Stop that!"

Hehe.  You're so cute when you're being shy!

Feeling a sudden fit of vibrations rack your entire body, you came to the realization that you were purring.

Stepping down on to Midori's left shoulder, you delicately leapt- well as delicately as one who's hardly had the chance to could- on to Kal's right shoulder. 

Startled, he looked down at you, situating yourself on his shoulder.  Kal snorted and mumbled something about you being "compact for travel."

Rude!

~Author's note~

Hiya, Ik this is kinda a disapointing chapter, but the next one's gonna be a nice juicy scene. *shoots a wink to all of you that are hopefully over eighteeen.* 

Also, I wanted to let you all know that I'm gonna do a major overhaul on some of the earlier chapters, by that I mean I'm going to try to eliminate some cringe.  Hope none of you comment to say that's the whole story hahahaha...hah...ha...*loses will to live*

JK, you guys are great!!!

Question for ya:

Should Kal be a seke?  Just saying what is kinda on my mind.