Kal + Midori = Disaster

~Third person-ish pov~

Once the room was quiet again, the doctor began explaining at length your condition.

"Y/N has a lot of internal bleeding, most likely due to his shattered ribcage and spine.  This could seriously complicate any actions to aid in his recovery.  We'd have to get all of the excess blood out of him, before being able to see what's actually wrong with him organs-wise.  Not to mention his spine may continue to inhibit his life after getting pieced back together and realigned.  His ribs will also need to be taken care of, as they will make the majority of the healing process impossible."

Kal and Midori stare at the doctor as though he's speaking a different language, which caused him to sigh exasperatedly.

"Basically, the process for your cat's recovery would be...very long and extensive"

"I believe I speak for the both of us when saying this, we want our y/n to recover.  He's not something we can simply 'put down.'  We need him, as much as he needs us"  Midori stated firmly, not a trace of doubt in his voice.

The doctor seemed to think for a moment, before smiling at them, "I'm sure that this cat is glad to have such caring owners.  I was trying to find out how sincere the two of you were, when I brought up euthanizing him.  You both may not know this, but we haven't had a single death in our hospital's history.  I plan to do my best to save his life, since the cat is probably just as desperate as the two of you are.  You two must really like animals, huh?"

"Y-Yes, but he's by far the best cat I've ever met," Kal said shyly, causing Midori to punch him in the arm. (Ooh, someone's jealous!)

Midori released his anger with Kal by stating, "y/n is definitely the cutest neko I've ever seen, especially with how cuddly he gets in bed." (For those of you not understanding yaoi talk, I'll explain neko at the end.  And no, not the adorable kitty kind. )

"Now's not the time!" Kal hissed under his breath. (hah,I feel sad for finding that funny.)

Midori nodded, but the triumphant smirk didn't seem to leave his face.

The Veterinarian, Dr. Inu, glanced at Midori and Kal.  He then blushed slightly, asking, "I don't mean to pry, but are you two...together?"

Kal turned a lovely shade of magenta, sputtering, "h-how...no...No...NO...in what kind of imaginary place would that...that type of thing...with him..."

Midori tried to lighten the mood by smirking, turning to Kal and huskily whispering, "I don't know, we've never tried.  But how about I give you a shot...big boy."

Kal's eyes widened and he sunk down to the floor.  He then turned to a wall, and began contemplating the meaning of life.

"Legs went weak I see, that's no good! Gotta improve those muscles if you want to stand a night with me!  Pfft..."

"I hate you...Dr. Inu only thought we were a thing because you're so pervy," Kal muttered, giving Midori a dark look from the cold, tiled floors.

"O-Oh, so you're not?  I was kind of wondering, since homosexual men tend to dote on their pets a lot," the doctor said, as he realized their aversion to each other.

"Yeah, sorry to disappoint," Midori stated, while restraining his laughter.  Kal gave him another glare, then reached for a hand to pull himself up with.Midori sighed dramatically, extending his hand to Kal, who took it and hauled himself off the floor.  (Interactions like this, were what got doc's yaoi mind thinking.)

After they'd finished talking to Dr. Inu, they decided to visit with the stranger who'd been banished to the waiting room.

~author's pov~

First I'll explain what a neko is, for those of you that haven't googled it yet.  A neko, in yaoi, is the submissive in erotic situations.  Have I blown your minds?  Probably not, but I'm glad I remembered to say what it meant.

***Important shtuff*** (Ik, it's a typo)

Ooh, and I also wanted to add that I might make the Dr. Inu a dog/wolf shifter.  It kinda depends on what you guys want though!  (^ v ^)

~Just comment what you'd prefer!