Killer K-9

~Your pov~

Complete silence enveloped the area around you.  The ground was rapidly churning underneath your paws, or were they feet.  You couldn't really feel anything, so it could be either. 

A thick smoke encircled your body, in the distance you could hear voices calling your name.  Pin pricks of red light cut through the fog, seeming to stare at you.  Then smiles, similar to the Cheshire cat's, formed in the misty darkness.

Hands emerged from the smoke clasping at your legs.  You tried to scream for help, but as you opened your mouth, you woke up. 

Blankets were tightly wrapped around you, most likely due to your nightmare.

By your bedside, your father glared at you, Your mother not even glancing your way.  After all, she didn't remember you, Alzheimer's tends to do that to a person.

"Why can't you just be quieter, like your brother?  Your screaming woke her up," your father complained, his anger becoming more apparent. 

Things weren't always this way, once you'd been like any other kid, with loving parents and a happy life.

"Do you hear me, y/n?!" He yelled, expecting nothing other than obedience from his second son.

Where has the time we were all happy gone?

You stood after removing the blankets, walking to your mother.  Her eyes were always focused on something far away; you liked to imagine she saw something more than any of you, hidden just outside the window.  Once you tried to locate exactly what she was looking at, but couldn't ever find it.

You tapped her shoulder, gaining her attention.  She turned her eyes to you, she was the one you got the majority of your looks from. 

"Mom, I'm sorry for waking you.  I had a bad dream" you promptly apologized, wondering if she had truly heard you.

"...why...are you calling me mother?...never mind,  young man, I hope your nights become more restful," she mumbled back after a couple minutes.

You smiled back.

Even if she no longer remembers me, she's still very nice.  At least, I think so.

Your father turned to you once more, but this time from where his eyes had been, smoke spilled.  It coiled like a snake around you, strangling you silently as your mother stared at you vacantly.

"M...om..."

Her face began to warp into an almost demon-like smile, extending far more than it should've.

The room began fading as a voice echoed, "You owe me, kitten."

.....

Your eyes opened slowly, you took in your surroundings.  Unsure if this was a dream, you slowly stood up, feeling your legs scream in protest.

I'm still a cat...great...

Though your body was stiff, you didn't feel any particular pain as you began moving around more.  You looked at the small wires connected to your paw, secured with bandages that prevented you from removing them.

Deciding to try and call out for your boyfriends, you found you couldn't release anything more than a measly mew.  Plus, there was the fact that you were stuck on a rather tall table. 

You paced around at the edge of the table, looking down at the all too far away ground.

The door cracked open and the veteranarian walked in, stopping in his tracks when he saw you were awake.