Chapter 1

Chapter 1

My mums car rolls down the prestige long stone driveway of my new school and home, the lawns were clipped to perfection and no one dared to park on them. Elliot Falls Academy, one of the best schools in the world...

Christmas holidays was amazing, so much more then I could've asked for and now there's a new journey waiting for me.

The holidays were incredible, my friendship with Emily is great as usual, Scarlett and her are finally getting along. And so now I own Storm, my beautiful 7 year old palomino Arabian mix. Although I had just bought him these holidays we have been a team for almost 4 years and are inseparable.

Mum was patient as she waited in the long traffic line of cars dropping their kids off. I was thankful that all I needed to do was take my duffel bag and Storm out of the trailer. We had shipped all of mine and his things last week so I had been living with my clothes and tack I'm not taking. Thanks to Emily, Scarlett and Mia, Storm was kept in top condition during the holidays when I couldn't ride, well properly, because of my ankle.

Even though Emily was more busy then normal, I'm assuming it was because she was studying, she still managed to help me out. However she's not going to be at EFA for a couple weeks. Some high up maths debate she's doing for our old school.

I rub me hands together nervously, I don't think I will be able to get around this academy with out getting lost, it's huge. Mum smiles at me reassuringly before she looks back at the car in front of us. Once we get past these cars we needed to head down another little road to the horse drop off zone where the stables are. I was nervous no matter what, I'm definitely going to get lost at some point of time.

I recheck my hair for the final time in the mirror worriedly. Today I wore a grey polo shirt and and beige breeches with my black paddock boots that are cleaned to perfection while my blonde hair is in a neat french braid.

Finally the cars in front of us moved and we were able to turn down the lane that went to the stables horse float parking. I stare at the massive barn looming ahead that is going to be home to Storm for the rest of my high school life. Pastures were to the left and right of the fancy wide laneway, it was especially made so horse floats could come from both ways without problems. I stare out the window as we pass the barn and continue to the end of the laneway where the unloading area was.

We pull into a empty spot and I see Mia, she seems to notice my car pulling in and stops nearby. Hopping out of my mums car I grab my bag containing things in it like my iPhone charger and so on. I then head to the back of the trailer we borrowed from Hailey. Unlatching it, I walk in and untie Storm who automatically backs up without me asking. I take his lead line joined to the matching black leather halter he was wearing then got him out of the way so mum can shut the trailer.

"I'll go sign you in and meet you at your dorm, okay?" Mum says.

"Okay I'll see you in 10!" I reply before she paces off to the girls dormitory.

"Okay let's go buddy" I tell Storm leading him towards the glamorous stable. I see that Mia was still waiting for me at the front of the stable with Star, her sweet dutch warmblood mare that she rode at the EA qualifiers.

"Hi Mia" I greet as I walk over.

"Hey! How was the drive?" Mia asks hugging me.

"Good, very long, but Storm doesn't mind going for rides in the trailer, how about you?" I tell her.

"Once we got going she was fine, thank goodness" Mia says relieved.