Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Sunday came all to quick as I had spent most of the night packing. A guilt consumed me when it came to Storm. We'd just finished a big day of competing in tryouts, and now on his recuperating day, I was flying him to Canada. However, Ms Adams had checked him over earlier in the morning and gave me the all clear.

Now I was boarded on a plane with the entire junior advanced team, and some EFA staff I didn't recognise. Mr Reynolds was obviously here, as well as the head of horse management, Ms Adams. Miss Sanders wasn't on this trip though, and I didn't like that. All these older students were giving me a weird looks.

"Hey sprout, what grade did you come from" the girl next to me nudges.

I hold back an annoyed groan and fold my arms. "Nine"

She grins. "Cute. You must be a good rider for Mr Reynolds to let you come"

Cute? This girl was only two or three years older then me. She's not an even adult! Unbelievable!

"Sure" I mutter, looking out the window of the unmoving plane.

It had been a while since I'd been on one, and I wasn't to excited. Plane rides weren't my thing. I just wanted to get through this and to the J.O.P stables. But first, we had to go to the Mount Nebo ODE between Toronto and Ontario. I hope Storm is more keen about this plane business then I am.

Upon seeing my face, she laughs. "You're not a flyer, are you? Cute"

I sigh. "Do you talk a lot?"

"Aside from Luke, I'm probably the only person who'll talk to you this trip, so get use to my voice" she shrugs, pointing at the boy sitting to her left.

My mind goes fuzzy for a bit. "I never asked to be spoken to, I'm just here for the clinic"

She shrugs. "I don't care sprout, you'll need a friend once you deal with the girls in this group. They're always fighting to get top spot, its an insult to them that Mr Reynolds gave Sabrina's spot to you"

I groan. "Seriously?"

"Seriously" the guy said, who I presumed was Luke.

What did I sign up for?

I catch my mood immediately starting to decline and do a brain check, as I liked to call it.

Positivity Taylor! Don't think about the others, you're only here for you and Storm. Snap out of it!

As the plane starts to move, I hold onto my seat tightly, my stomach doing flips. While doing so, I notice the girl next to me doing the same thing. I raise a brow at her.

"You're not a flyer, are you? Cute" I said, recalling the exact words she uttered to me.

She laughs nervously. "My names Emily by the way"

"Taylor"

...

Emily wasn't joking about the constant power struggle between the girls in her riding team. Erin, the crazy girl that Sabrina referred to as Cruella De Vil, was horrible. She was so rude to me the whole way, casting nasty looks at me when the teachers weren't looking. It wasn't just me receiving her looks, but also other teammates.

Erin wasn't a girls who needed to travel in a group. No, she had so much personality to keep herself occupied, that she didn't need others.

The other girls weren't as bad, but I knew they looked down at me because of my grade. That was how the hierarchy went, I was at the bottom.