Chapter 3

Chapter 3

"-and this is the cafeteria" Scarlett and Mia conclude. Instead of going to get lunch straight away the girls changed their minds and gave me a mini tour instead. We've been walking around the school for ages and let me tell you, I'm starving.

"Oh and these are our tables" Scarlett says motioning towards them.

"Yeah, how many people are there usually sitting with you?" I asked curiously.

"Well, I dunno, a few" Mia says pausing.

We walk towards the line and wait as it slowly creeps forward. There seemed to be a large variety of food here. I settle for pizza in the end and wait for the girls. As I wait I notice Seth walk in with what I'm assuming are his friends.

Just over the holidays, I found out that he was indeed my twin, however we were completely opposite in looks. Let me tell you that's it's beyond awkward now that the realisation has kicked in. Our parents didn't know that we knew, and we planned on keeping it that way. The whole scandal is something we rather avoid.

"Oh my god hurry up and pick Mia" I hear Scarlett groan in annoyance breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Don't rush me" she hisses back.

"Food is a very important thing and is to be chosen carefully-" Mia starts before being cut off.

"Oh my goodness hurry up, people are actually waiting to eat" snaps a voice a few people down. It was an annoyed looking brunette with her hands on her hips.

"I am!" Mia huffs as she finally takes both things she was deciding on.

"Is that the girl you were telling me about?" I ask Kit quietly as we sit down, how ever she shakes her head no.

"No that's Stephanie Jacobs, she's a hockey player... Use to be friends with us but that's another story... Remeber, Ebony has red hair" she responds quietly so the girls don't hear.

"People just don't understand" Mia sighs placing her food tray on the table. I see Scarlett roll her eyes before popping a french fry in her mouth.

"Don't worry Mia, I do" Kit laughs giving her a side hug. I look at the two weirdly before taking a bite of my pizza. It was average, it tasted alright but not great. Better then my old schools cafeteria food, that stuff tasted so terrible it could give anyone nightmares.

"Hey guys" I hear a familiar voice greet. Seth and his friends pull a table over and sit down next to us. The girls greet him and start a conversation while I eat. I wanted a fresh start here at EFA but instead find out there's a whole family affair that no one has told me about. Trust me out of all the people in the world, to be put in this situation. However, I was still determined to not let it phase me. I can't get distracted with these problems, or it'll affect my riding and grades.

As time went on I'm introduced to all of the guys, Dylan, Tristan, Jackson and Zander. I found out both Dylan and Jackson were best friends and a grade above us. Zander is also Jackson's younger brother, who was in our grade. The boys were definitely easy on the eye, but I push those thoughts aside.

Boys are a distraction.

I found myself drawn into a conversation with Kit and Zander. While Kit was the overly energetic one, Zander was more down to earth. The two however, constantly bickered like siblings.

Everyone at the table was deep into their discussions when Kit looked down at her phone and cut everyone off.

"Oh no, it's 3:27! Taylor and I need to be at subject selection in less then 20 minutes" Kit says wide eyed.

"No that can't be right, that means I would be-" Jackson started before glancing at his phone.

"-late" As if seeing a ghost his phone slipped out of his hand. He immediately flew out of his chair and hastily grabbed his things.

"I need to go, I'll see you guys later" he yelled before pushing his way out of the cafeteria.

"Oh man he's going to be in so much trouble" Zander says grinning.

"We should probably leave now and check out the elective's beforehand, come on Taylor" Kit says dragging me from my seat.

"Yeah, I'm coming, see you all later" I said bidding my goodbyes to the group.

As nice as it is having everyone's company I'm just dying to go see Storm again, I want this subject selection to be over quickly.