Chapter 32

Au: Hi everyone, my biggest apologies for taking so long to update HA. I've been super busy as you probably suspected. Anyway, I'm just trying to find a balance at the moment with everything so I can't guarantee frequent updates, however I most certainly will try. Once again, I'm so sorry about my slowness! I hope you enjoy!

...

Chapter 32

My return to EFA was swift, and I was once again thrown back into work. Since I had transferred to EFA in the final term, time had flown by. I had less then a month before we went on summer holidays. But first, the 9th grade advanved team had there debut show and that was this weekend...

"I'm just saying, they've been so rude lately" Kit states for the umpteenth time.

Zander shrugs. "Well Mia didn't make the team and Scarlett is a reserve... So it's probably safe to say that they're a little jealous"

Sienna pokes at her food. "I don't see why they suddenly hate us!"

We were currently on our lunch, talking about the most recent advanved team lesson. Sienna was extremely upset about recently losing her friendship to Mia. Kit was annoyed that Ebony ruined the group. Zander, well he's just always around. Then there was Seth, who'd only really started sitting with us in the past day.

Apparently while I'd been away, there was a lot that happened.

"I agree with Zander, I think there's a lot of jealousy floating around" Seth nods.

I groan. "Its so petty, it doesn't matter who made what team, we're all still teammates"

"I just find it funny, that as soon as you start doing your own thing and don't let them control you, you're not their friend" Kit pipes in.

She was right, Mia and Scarlett had been messaging me 24/7 when I was at the clinic. Then when I got back to EFA and made it clear that I'm doing things my own way, they ditched me. It was a complete headache.

On top of that, my best friend from home, Emily, has been ghosting me. Apparently 'things came up' which prevented her from transferring to EFA. I wanted to ask more, but she was adamant that it was for the best. I felt like she was lying to me and that something was up. 

Why can't anyone be honest with me?

"Mind if I sit?" Someone asks.

The group of us turn to see Stephanie standing by us, holding a tray of food. We all glanced uncertainty at each other. I knew their had been conflict between her and this group, but she seemed nice. We'd met during the first couple weeks of EFA, after Ebony tried to make me nervous about tryouts. Since then, we talked on occasion.

"Sure, take a seat" I shrug, moving my chair to make room for her.

The brunette sits between myself and Kit, smiling.

"So, have you made any enemies yet?" Stephanie asks me.

I stab at my food. "Some apparently"

She leans back in her chair, looking to be completely at ease. "Yeah, I figured... Its hard not to when you stop letting Scarlett Evans boss you around"

I roll my eyes. "You think?"

"I'm sorry, can we help you with something?" Kit cuts in.

Stephanie shrugs. "I'm just wondering why Ebonys outside spreading rumours about the group"

There's a loud scraping sound as Kit pushes her seat back. "That's it! I've had it with them!"

My eyes widen as she begins to storm out of the cafeteria. Simultaneously, the rest of us followed. If Kit wasn't so angry, I'd find it amusing how the crowds of people moved away to let her through. As we move outside, I spot Scarlett's group surrounded by others.

I feel Zander catch my hand and bring me to a stop. "Maybe it's best that we stay away from-"

He glances at the scene about to unfold. "-that... With my mom being the headmistress, I don't think she'll be happy if I get involved... or any new students"

I glance over at Kit who's started a heated conversation with the girls. Already, I spot multiple people taking sides. Conflicted, I glanced between Zander and Kit.

"She's our friend, we should be supporting what she says" I state.

Zander nods. "You're right, but Kit can get a little wound up sometimes... It's probably best we sit this one out, especially since you're-"

"New? I know" I sigh.

I really wanted to defend Kit but Zander was right. I was new and having my name pop up for starting conflict in my first semester, would be really bad. They could take away my scholarship even...

"Fine, you're right" I state.

As we begin to turn back, I can't help but to gasp at what happens.

I catch Kit dumping what looks to be yoghurt, on Scarletts brand new clothes. Scarletts jaw drops as yoghurt drips down her clothes. As teachers began swarming over to the girls, Zander pulls me hand again. "Okay time to go"

I nod in agreement and we make a b-line for our next class. We once again had P.E together and I couldn't help but to blush. Zander still held my hand, and the worst part, was that I didn't mind.

I found it hard to believe he liked me though. Everyone teases us, but he always brushes it off like its nothing. Which doesn't matter of course, because I don't like him back.

I think...

Annoyed with myself, I pull my hand away and continue walking. Boys are a massive distraction that I'm not willing to have. Training is already hard enough, and it'll only get harder when I tryout for the elite team. Distractions are not an option!

Not that it matters, he doesn't like me and I don't like him. Right? Yep, totally.

I glance at Zander. "Thanks for looking out for me, again..."

He smiles. "Any time"

...

I take a deep breath and halt Storm, it was nearly 6pm and I'd been riding him for over an hour. Due to fight that happened this morning, our lesson had been cancelled. But it was good, because I was a complete mess today. I couldn't get my flying changes down right, and my mind was clouded.

Storm tried his heart out, but I knew I made it hard for him when I couldn't even give him the right cues.

Ever since we got back to EFA and started on the advanved team, our new coach, Mr Reynolds had picked up the pace. The classes were harder and pushing everyone. Even Seth, and he was a phenominal rider.

I didn't mind of course, but I've started to hit a rough patch where things aren't coming together that easily.

Rubbing my eyes, I kick my feet out of the stirrup and jump off Storm.

Being on the advanved team is really not that easy...

Now with the show this weekend, and the summer holidays closing in, I was beginning to wonder if I'll be ready. Will I be ready to represent the 9th grade advanved team? Will I be ready to try out for the elite team after summer?

Will I be ready for any of this?