Chapter 24

Chapter 24

"This sucks, its been raining on and off for days" Mia groans.

"You're telling me?" Scarlett snorts.

Ebony who stood nearby just rolls her eyes. "It's bound to stop eventually"

I mess with my reins as I listen to the girls bickering. Storm was surprisingly calm for a fresh horse. Since it's been raining a lot this week, I've had him in the stables. But that also meant he had a lot of pent up energy.

Much to my surprise, Ebony halted her horse next to me this afternoon. Danny, her 15hh Morgan gelding was a little pocket rocket. He was by far, the most calmest horse in the arena. Even Storm had his moments. In saying that, his owner definitely had some work to do on her behaviour. I don't think she's ever not glared at me.

Two weeks it took, that's how long it takes for Ebony to be back in the group. On Monday when I had arrived in class, everything was different. Can you imagine my shock when I spot Ebony sitting in my seat conversing with Mia? Sure, they're friends again but as the day went on I was replaced time and time again.

Not to mention the constant teasing about Zander.

What's with that??

Then suddenly at break, Scarlett and Mia barely say a word to me. A matter of fact, they barely said anything to anyone. They were to caught up in their own gossip session. I think the rest of the group was confused too.

"Okay ladies, stop with the chatter" Miss Sanders calls.

The Perfect Three as everyone calls them, stops speaking. It was now Thursday and the girls were starting to drive me insane. Ebony is as cold as ever, and the other two have become completely ignorant to everyone around them.

I was starting to sit away from them with Kit and Sienna. Since we all wanted to avoid drama, we would sit towards the back of the cafeteria. It was almost sad to see such a sudden attitude change in the people I thought were friends.

Most of the time Zander and his friend Tristan would join us. They were quite funny, always pulling out some ridiculous jokes. But we never spoke about the group split. It was clear that the "Perfect Three" thought they were superior. At times it was infuriating.

"Now remember, we have a very important meeting tonight" Miss Sanders states.

Looking to my right, I smile at Sienna. Even with all this drama, I was extremely excited for this meeting. The whole equestrian cohort were getting together so it must be important. I was hoping it would be show news.

Amelia was on the same boat. After attending one of our lesson on Monday, Miss Sanders asked her to join intermediate A. I was thrilled too. She was another great addition to the team. Her mare showed a great talent for all three disciplines of eventing.

We had just finished our lesson for the day and it was a nightmare for some. Mia's mare, Star, kept shying in a particular corner. It freaked out Scarlett and Seths horses. Remi, Sienna's horse was also on edge.

On the other hand, Ebony rode Danny really well. They were perfecting everything today. And as usual, Storm was working the best he could. Since dressage was his best discipline, he made it easy for me to direct him.

I love this horse so much, what would I do without him?

"Are we doing jumping before we leave Miss Sanders?" Mia suddenly asks as grooms set up some jumps.

Some very high jumps...

"No Mia, not today. Those are for Mr Reynolds next lesson" she smiles.