Chapter 11

Map of the main campus facilities. It does excludes some of the equestrian facilities and trails however, but that's there just so you have a rough idea of how the campus is set out. 

Anyways, I hope you enjoy!

...

Chapter 11

Making my way to my room, I felt like there was still no one around, there must be a lot of people at tryouts. In a way I envied them but I knew by the end of the term, it'll be the opposite way around. Exams were going to be tough, and I needed all the spare study time I could get.

Wondering into my room, I take out my laptop and scan through emails before running a list of things I need to keep in check for my riding examination tomorrow. I knew it was better if I didn't fuss over it or I would start stressing, Storm and I are as prepared as we can be, I'm as cool as a cucumber.

Okay, so maybe I'm a little nervous...

I huff in annoyance, I can't be stressing about this, Ebony is so wrong, I'll be put on the intermediate A team, the email said so itself. That's the team I need to be in if I want to make the advanced team placements, there's only one advanced team and to make that I need to be in an intermediate team. Eventually I start to loose focus of the examination as I continue to neaten up Kit and I's dorm room, the dormitory room inspections were soon and I know Kit would want it to be spotless. Speaking of Kit...

"I am so hungry, why I do this to myself? Do you know how tired I am? I literally could've dropped dead" Kit complains as she trudged into our room.

"Tough trials?" I ask raising my eyebrows at her.

"Very, the coach nearly killed me-"

"-but I was able to beat my personal best and keep my position as captain so I guess I can't complain" Kit smiles weakly as she crawls up onto her bed.

"Gemma White?" I ask, Kit then turns to face me with a frown.

"Let's not even go there, actually no, we're going there, she is way too nice, totally sketchy and way too fast" Kit sighs rubbing her hands on her face.

"Well that's good isn't it, like the whole thing about being fast, won't it help your team rack up the scores to qualify for the bigger relay events?" I ask, trying to point out some positives.

"Yeah, good enough that she almost beat my new personal best" she paused before continuing.

"I think she's hiding something" Kit huffs before hopping off her bed and heading into the bathroom. I shake my head and laugh silently, of course that's what's going on Kit.

"Do you know how long until the inspections start" Kit calls from the bathroom.

"It should be starting in about 10 minutes" I said looking at the time, I must've been fussing over Storm for longer then I thought.

"We might as well head off and do something while they look around, we don't have to be here" Kit states, now rummaging through our walk in closet.

"Well I've already eaten so I was going to head out and look around, you're welcome to join me" I said climbing from my bed to the floor, beginning to pick up my belongings again.

"I'm alright thanks, I was going to go grab something to eat with my sister anyways" Kit explains as she pokes her head out the door, bidding her good byes to me.

...

The one thing I never expected to see at EFA was here much to my surprise, an arcade. How cool is that? The arcade was joined to a massive gaming area filled with electronics such as TV's, play stations, Xbox's and computers. I had decided to hang around and play pinball for about 10 minutes before continuing to look around the massive campus. As I walked by the library towards the cafeteria building, I took notice of the laneway pastures which lead towards the stable again. As much as I would like to go riding I wanted to continue to familiarise myself with the school.

The schooling area was more towards the front of the academy while the barn and pastures were further behind. The dorms where to the left of the equestrian area, behind the pool center, library and arcade. In front of the pool center, library and arcade is the car park. I would further explain the mapping of the school but it would be rather confusing. The school map only shows a small part of the campus, there are hundreds of acres surrounding the school. The map only showed the main equestrian center facilities like some pastures, the barn and arenas. It excludes areas like the cross country course and other buildings such as The Pizza Place.

(Map is shown above)

I take in the two massive school buildings named Denver and Moors Hall. Students all the way up to grade 9 had to do their main subjects, maths, English and science in Moors Hall while the rest did theirs in Denver Hall. The main extra curricular subjects had their own buildings designated to them so we wouldn't be cramped in the same building all day.

I wondered around memorising where my classes would most likely be held. I had already put everything where it was meant to be for tack inspections later so I was free to do anything. I was wanted to go riding again later but it would have to be something easy since Storms already done plenty of exercise today. As I walk further away from the main campus building to a more quite area, I take a seat at a park bench under a tree. It's only been 24 hours since I've gotten here and the sound of silence was ironically like music to my ears, in a good way of course. Living in a quiet town and then arriving at EFA has really shown me how to appreciate silence.

I sigh and rest my head on one of my hands looking over towards the horses pastures taking in all the site. Many horses of different colours, breeds and heights are scattered in different pastures. Ten nicely sized pastures surrounded to giant barn, these either contained school horses, injured horses or students horses who reserved a pasture to keep for themselves. All the others horses were kept in multiple massive pastures in the areas beside Arena C.

My train of thought was interrupted as one particular horse catches my attention. It was that miniature pony from before, Mischief, he had been put in one of the pastures around the stable.

In the paddock with him was another mini and a bigger horse. The mini, a blue roan was running around with Mischief while the other horse, a grey followed after them slowly. All the momentum seemed to have perked up a bay horse residing in the pastures beside them who eagerly ran up and down the fence line.

Mesmerised by the horses, I continue to watch as it gets later in the afternoon.