Chapter 22

Chapter 22

My eyes flew open and I mentally scolded myself. It was nearly curfew and I promised I would get something to keep Trigger occupied! Horse or not, I planned on keeping my promise.

Imagine if someone put you in a stall with nothing to do. It's like staring at a ceiling and eating the same food all day long. It's just boring and then after a while, it's a little depressing.

Talk about an unhealthy lifestyle.

Pushing myself up, I jump off my bed quickly and grab my jacket. I scamper out of my empty dorm room and head for the barn. As I walk along the path, I pass many groups who were returning to their dorms. It made me a little sad, that use to be me. I use to have a group, it was me, Emily and all my other friends. But then over the winter, it all came to an end.

Emily and I stayed close, but my other friends distanced themselves. Now they don't talk to me at all. So much for my friendships... On the brightside, I had many people at EFA willing to befriend me.

Unfortunately it also had its downside too.

I found that even though everyone included me, I still felt like an outsider. Maybe it's a little melodramatic of me, but Scarlett and Mia were different. They would drag me along with them when ever they had the chance. It's like I'm on display or something.

Sure, everyone was nice. But I just had this feeling, that people only liked me because I was in the 'it' group. I definitely have my doubts. It's only been a week, but if you were in my shoes, you'd know what I mean.

The fact was, that out of all those people, only four message me. Two I knew prior to EFA, Emily and Sabrina. Then there was Kit, my roommate and Zander. That was pretty much it.

Maybe that was all I needed?

"Watch where you're going!" I hear someone snap as I bump their shoulder.

I roll my eyes. "Sorry Ashlyn"

The blonde scowls, flicking her hair back. "Why are you always so... blonde? It's like you're stuck in your thoughts or something"

I snicker, in the short time of knowing Ashlyn, I've discovered two things. One, that she has an attitude, and two, that she'll never lose that attitude no matter what. It must be an EFA thing.

"You realise you're blonde to, right?" I retort.

"Obviously, and I hate people who give us that bad stereotype" Ashlyn huffs.

I raise my hands in surrender. "Okay, well I'm walking away now"

As I turn to continue walking, Ashlyn speaks up. "Hey Taylor, I wanted to thank you... I heard that you helped Dana at the show... theres not many people who would've done the same-"

I pause, beginning to respond when she cuts me off. "In saying that, don't think we're friends or anything. You know... just keep doing what you're doing, I guess"

After finishing her statement, Ashlyn continues towards the dorm and I head into the stables. The lights were all still on, illuminating the isles. A couple students dash past me and that was about it. All the horses who remained in for the night were to busy eating to acknowledge me.

I make way to my tack room only to hear voices from inside.

Pausing, I step closer and listen intently.

"-still won the class. I'm telling you, no matter what I do, she'll somehow dodge what's thrown at her. Dana isn't easily swayed"

Dana?