Chapter 23

That's right people, I'm updating again. You may or may not get another chapter in a couple hours too. I'm just trying to compensate for all those times I've taken ages to update, lol. Hope you enjoy!

...

Chapter 23

"Why did I even come to gym today?" I sigh for the umpteenth time.

Zander laughs and pushes me to jog faster. "We've only done half a lap of the football field"

Oh course we have...

I send Zander a half hearted glare. I use to love playing games and jogging, but after coming to EFA I can confidently say my opinions have been swayed. They train us way harder in gym, making us run multiple laps for warm up. Considering my fitness levels are down and that I got barely any sleep last night, it isn't a good thing.

"Well... at least you didn't ditch me" I said, trying to catch my breath.

I glance ahead and spot the person I was talking about. It turns out that EFA had many plot twists. One of those was that Ebony and Mia were on civil talking terms again. It was only last week that Mia said she was repulsed by her.

What happened with that, huh?

"They were bound to talk again, Mia can only hold a grudge for so long" Zander reasons.

"Yeah, and now it's like we don't exist" I sigh.

Zander shrugs. "You'll get use to it, they usually ghost everyone in the group when Ebony comes into the mix. Then they fight and it starts all over again"

Great, I'm with that kind of group... dysfunctional.

"-don't look so doomed, you still have Kit and I" Zander laughs, nudging me once again.

I huff and push him back, so hard that he's knocked over.

I gape. "Oh my god, are you okay"

Although the rain had stopped for gym, the ground was soaked.

"You're so dead" he says, slowly standing back up.

I could see he was joking but I was worried. Half of his cloths were now drenched. As he takes a threatening step closer, I shriek and bolt away. No way in hell am I risking it. I don't want to end up in the sludge ridden ground too.

I run so fast that I pass multiple people, even Mia and Ebony. But as I glance back, I'm tackled to the ground. I gasp as mud and water seeps into my gym clothes.

"Zander!" I yell, half laughing but half serious.

"You should've seen your face, did you really expect to outrun me? Me?" Zander asks, wheezing with laughter.

I groan and just stay laying in the ground, completely winded. As I sit up, I glare at him. He however, continues to laughs. As he begins to stand up, he offers me a hand. Sneakily, I pick up mud in my other hand. In a quick motion, I throw it at him.

It's as if we reversed roles and now he was gaping, I didn't even realise people were watching us. As Mia jogged past she paused. "Heads up, the coach is coming"

Uh oh....

Zander and I turn to look in his direction. Surely enough, a fuming gym teacher marches towards us. "You two! What on earth are you doing!"

I wince and cross my arms.

As he stops in front of us, he takes in our appearances. Zanders clothes were now fully soaked and mud stained. Somehow, he had the nerve to actually smile at the coach. Unlike Zander, I was about to have a full on freak out.