Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"I'm room 13" I tell the Mia excitedly jumping a little. Okay so maybe I should've laid off the caffeine while driving here. Luckily after my mum left me, Mia found me pretty quick which was super lucky considering the amount of people around.

"Lay off the caffeine Hastings" says Mia in a teasing tome.

"Yeah, yeah what ever" I tell her rolling my eyes jokingly.

"If you ever get bored of your roommate we're in 10" Mia teases.

Right now, Mia and I are on the lift going up to the 3rd level since we were to lazy to walk up the stairs. There are 8 rooms on each level but the bottom floor doesn't have any rooms for the students, only floor 2,3 and 4 does. The bottom level has the foyer, seating area where parents and students sit to wait for the dorm monitor, then there's the dorm monitors office, a living room, a bathroom and kitchen. The lift dings and the doors open to a big wide hall way with 4 doors on one side and 4 on the other, movers and students were hurrying around each other. It's madness.

"This is mine and Scarlett's room" Mia says motioning to the first door on the right.

"Yours should be the 3rd door on the left, if you need anything I'll be in my room okay?" she adds.

"Okay, I think I'll be alright, I'll text you in a bit" I tell her before slowly
heading to my room dodging the movers and other students.

The nerves start kicking in, what if my roommate is terrible, like sure, we emailed each over in the holidays, but that was for deciding who would bring what and what our room design will be.

Her name was Kit Miller, this was her third year at EFA and she's a swimmer. She was captain of the EFA girls swimming team last year. And let me tell you, she seems extremely organised. I fumble to grab my key and slowly unlock the door. I slowly push it open to see our room, it was amazing. There were two identical beds arranged the same way. They were lifted and had a table underneath with matching white chairs. The walls were a light blue colour with white trims around the windows while there was gleaming hard wood floors. I knew immediately the room was going to look amazing when we unpack our boxes. I noticed that my boxes were on one side while Kit's were on the other, I guess the right bed is mine then. I hear the door creak open. I turn and seem who I'm presuming is Kit.

"Oh my goodness, you must be Taylor!" she squeals.

"Welcome the EFA!!!" the girl says excitedly.

"Oh my I'm such an idiot, I'm Kit" the girl says smiling widely.

"Taylor..." I said shyly.

"Love the name! You must be so tired coming all the way from Forestlake, Mia told me it was amazing there, and the photos Scarlett posted looked great. Love your horse by the way, he's totally cute" Kit says smiling.

And I thought I had a lot of energy...

"Oh I'm fine, a matter of fact I think I may of had to much caffeine" I said laughing at her enthusiasm.

"Oh I can relate, I'm already rambling and I met you like 2 seconds ago" Kit says, taking a deep breath.

"What should we do now?" I ask looking around noticing that we have two white doors, one on each side of the room

"Well maybe we should unpack our clothes first, then move onto decorations" Kit says shrugging.

"Okay let's do it" I respond heading towards my boxes.