Chapter 10

Just a shoutout to @MyArabianSky, she's the one that gave me a foundation to base Mia's horse off of (Star) which was super helpful. Also thank you to everyone who's be supportive so far. You guys are amazing!

...

Chapter 10

"Are you going to sports tryouts?" I ask Mia with curiosity as we walk out from house meetings.

"Yeah I am, I'm going to do volleyball" she beams clasping her hands together.

"Did you play for the school last year? I'm thinking of joining the team" I never really considered if Mia played other sports, and was wondering what it's like.

"Yeah, I was going to be selected as the co-captain but being apart of the cheer leading and equestrian team really restricted what time I had available" Mia frowns and unclasps her hands before glancing at the time. I was about to further question her but she beats me to it.

"Do you want to head out and grab a bite then go for a trail ride. I'm starving and it'll kill some time" Mia asks, my thoughts of the volleyball team immediately disappears. Does she even have to ask??

"Sure, what do you have in mind" I was always keen to go out eating and then riding, plus since it was Mia's suggestion I knew it would be fun.

...

"No way" I deadpan halting Storm next to Mia on her forever beautiful mare, Star. The mare was a very gentle type with not one nasty bone in her, the downside being she was very hyperactive and frisky. Her 'calm' would be equivalent to a well rested horse being taken out for a ride for the first time in months. You would think now that she's 11 years old that she would've matured a little more, but instead she's got more energy then any other horse I've met.

"Yes way" Mia retorts opening up a gate into a massive unfenced area which led off EFA grounds, somewhere we weren't suppose to be. Star's ears flickered with uncertainty before putting her trust into her rider and going through the now wide open gate.

"Nuh uh" I started to turn Storm around to head back, nothing she says will get me to willingly break the EFA rules on my second day of school.

"Come on, there's an awesome cross country course and there's horses that roam around, you'll love it, plus no one even comes out here so you'll be fine" Mia calls after me, I halt Storm at the mention of a cross country course.

"Seriously, none of the teachers or staff know that this place exists, only some of the riders" Mia adds, I turn Storm to face her again and ponder momentarily, I guess a quick adventure wouldn't hurt...

"Fine, I guess a short look around wouldn't hurt anyone" I respond trotting Storm through the gate and shutting it behind us. Mia beams and starts to lead the way using a barely noticeable track which took us over a hill, the gate and school now completely disappearing from my view.

"You said there were other horses, what do you mean by that?" I call as we pick up a trot and cut through a wooded area. Storm seemed to be enjoying the new area and change of landscape, no fences limited he to a particular area.

"Well we think they're owned by some people near EFA who don't live on site, I can try and find some for you but they're really skittish" Mia explains.

"No don't worry about it, I was more curious about the cross country course" I state pulling up next to her as we stop on a ridge.

"Well there it is" Mia says motioning towards a certain area, I immediately catch site and am in awe, clearly people have gathered together to make the gorgeous course. There were some bigger and smaller jumps spread throughout the area and some even peaked from over the hill. The course was really cute and the jumps were made from branches, it even had vines and bright flowers wrapping around them.

Horse Academy (2)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara