Chapter 1 (Picture of Aurora)

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

YAY new story!!! Picture on the side is Aurora :)

----------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1 (The Mistaken Girl)

It was all quiet in the house. My parents were out at a fancy party. It was just my sister, Auburn, and I. We were twins but she was a few minutes older. We looked almost exactly alike. “What are you up to?” I asked, watching as my sister was scribbling furiously down on a notepad.

She sighed, sitting up and putting her pencil down. “Writing. I am stuck with writer’s block.”

I clicked my tongue. “Bummer.”

Despite the slump she was currently in, I envied my sister for that. She was always good in English and school. She was the intelligent one while I was more the artsy and easily bored twin, which was weird considering both of our styles. She was into Goth and dark make up while I just wore what I had in my closet at the time.

“What are you writing?” I asked, peering over her shoulder.

Auburn sighed, lifting up her notebook so I could see. “This stupid romance story. Right now, the pair are in a fight. I have no idea how to get them back together without it being all cliché and stuff.”

I frowned. “Well, you’ll think of something. You’re a genius,” I said, shrugging, as I sat down on the couch again.

Auburn looked to the side to smile at me. “Thanks. If only mom and dad had your attitude.”

My parents weren’t too fond of my sister’s choices. She wanted to be a writer but my parents thought that writers never went anywhere and that her books would never be noticed.

“Who cares about mom and dad? They are never home half the time, anyway. Do what you want to do and not because they tell you to,” I said, throwing my hands up in frustration.

Auburn laughed, standing up to ruffle my hair, messing it up. She always knew that ticked me off. “Thanks little sis!”

She ran into the kitchen, opening up the fridge. “Ugh, I need a break,” she groaned, looking through the contents of our messy refrigerator.

I continued to doodle. As for me, I was currently illustrating a comic book with my best friend. Obviously, if my parents weren’t happy with my sister’s choice, they certainly weren’t happy with mine. I wanted to be an illustrator but for the same reason as Auburn, it was frowned upon.

“Hey, did mom and dad buy groceries yet?” Auburn called out.

I frowned. “No, not yet. Why? Are you hungry?”

Auburn groaned, slamming the fridge door shut and walking over to me. “I am starving. There are no drinks or food.”

I held up the phone. “I can get a pizza,” I suggested.

Auburn shook her head. “No, do you know how much those things cost nowadays? I’ll just run to the grocery story quick,” she said, getting her coat.

I shook my head, running to stop her. “No, you stay. Finish your story. I’ll run to the store.”

Auburn laughed. “Why are you so eager?”

I shrugged. “I’m just your nice little sister. Plus, I need to get something from the store anyways.”

Auburn sighed, hanging her coat up. “Okay, then. You’ll be fine?”

I nodded, putting my coat and shoes on. “I’ll be fine. I’ll only take about 15 minutes tops.”

-------------------------------------------------