Chapter 9

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

This chapter isn't really a gang related chapter LOL. It has no action. This chapter is just a result of a "I'm bored. Let's explore Caleb's character." So what better way to explore him then to MEET HIS FAMILY?!?! :D Enjoy the fun chapter LOL.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 9 (The Mistaken Girl)

“Why?” Caleb asked, laughing.

I shrugged, giving him a smile. “I feel sorry for you. Plus, you said all of these nice things to me so I want to do something nice in return and drag you to see your family.”

Caleb shook his head, giving me a sad smile. “As much as I want to do that, I think we should really find your sister.”

I frowned. “Please, let me do this for you.”

Caleb stared at me, debating. Finally he nodded. “Okay, for a bit.”

I squealed as he drove off. I wonder what his family would be like?

------------------------------------------------------------

“Here we are,” Caleb said, pulling up in front of a house.

I looked out the window with a smile on my face. The house was big and looked very expensive. “Wow, nice,” I said, getting out of the car.

Caleb smiled. “Thanks, my dad built it.”

I gasped, turning to him. “Seriously?”

Caleb nodded, a proud smile on his face. “Yup.”

I wolf whistled. “Nice job.”

We walked up to the house’s front door and knocked. “Don’t you have a key?” I asked, frowning.

Caleb shook his head. “I live on my own.”

“Then who lives here?”

“My sister, my two brothers, and my parents.”

I frowned. “Isn’t Cameron older than you?”

Caleb nodded, laughing. “Yeah but he’s not ready to move out on his own. I just moved out because of the gang.”

Just then, a woman opened the door. She looked almost exactly like Caleb and she was very pretty. Her curly blonde hair was tied up in a ponytail. I knew she was Caleb’s mom but she still looked very young. I watched as her expression changed from confusion to shock and then to happiness. “Caleb! Oh my god, my baby boy!” she said, snatching Caleb into a big hug.

All of a sudden, I heard excited yelling and a whole crowd of people came running, wanting a hug from Caleb. They were a whole family of blondes, making me laugh. “I can’t believe you’re back,” his mom cried into his shoulder.

Caleb laughed. “Nice to see you too, mom.”

Just then, his mom let go and a girl ran into Caleb’s arms, who picked her up and swung her around. “Hey Caleb! We missed you!” the girl said, laughing as Caleb put her down.

Caleb smiled. “I missed you too, Chrissy.”

Suddenly, Caleb’s mom looked at me, a smile on her face. “Oh hello, and who are you?” she asked kindly.

I smiled. “I’m Aurora, Caleb’s friend,” I said politely.

Everyone burst into whispers, making Caleb roll his eyes. “Just a friend?” a teenaged boy, who I assumed was Collin, joked.