Chapter 10 (Picture of Oliver)

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

WOO HOO! CHAPTER 10!! I know at the end of this chapter all of you will be all like "AURORA YOU ARE SO STUPID!" Well yeah, that's what I was trying to achieve... Aurora and her naive nature LOL. Hope you enjoy this chapter. This is where everything kind of goes wrong.

OH and picture at the side is of Oliver... Colin Farrell is one of my celebrity crushes along with Chace Crawford, Xavier Samuel, and Chris Evans. Chris Evans is the only one who is NOT a character in my story LOL. Maybe one day he will be but not in this one XD

---------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 10 (The Mistaken Girl)

I collapsed onto the sofa, holding my stomach. “That was so good,” I moaned.

Caleb’s mom smiled at me. “Thank you! I am glad you liked it!”

I nodded. “Trust me, if I could only eat a certain person’s cooking, it would definitely be you.”

She laughed, shaking her head in amusement. “Well, I’m flattered.”

Caleb dropped down on the sofa beside me. “Boy, that was great. Thanks mom.”

Caleb’s mom smiled. “No, thank you for coming! I hope you would come home more often.”

Caleb stayed silent, staring down into his lap. I could sense the awkwardness. “Well, I better go take Aurora home. We’ve been out all day,” he said, after a moment of silence.

Caleb’s mom frowned. “Will you be back?” she asked, sounding worried.

Caleb gave her a sad smile. “I don’t know, mom. Tell everyone I love them.”

Caleb’s mom looked like she was about to cry but kept her composure, putting on a fake smile. “Be safe, honey. If you do come back, make sure to bring Aurora too. She is more than welcome to come.”

Caleb nodded, helping me up from the sofa. “I will, mom. See you.”

After very long hugs goodbye, we got in our car and drove away. “Your family is so nice,” I said, grinning.

Caleb nodded, gulping as he stared into the road ahead. “Yeah,” he said, his voice thin and tense.

“Why didn’t you tell me you were hypoglycemic?” I asked, frowning.

Caleb’s head snapped towards mine, making me wince. He definitely must have hurt his neck doing that. “Who told you that?” he asked.

“Chrissy.”

Caleb glared at the road. “Stupid Chrissy.”

I shook my head, frowning. “Don’t say that about your sister! She was just caring about you! Anyways, why didn’t you tell me? Hypoglycemic is nothing to be embarrassed about.”

Caleb sighed sharply. “I just hate when people worry about me! When we first found out I had that condition, everyone treated me like a baby and worried about me whenever I went out. I hate it,” he said angrily, his hands tightening on the steering wheel.

I scoffed. “What’s wrong with people worrying about you? That just means they care.”

“It felt like I was getting smothered. Obviously, I took that for granted. Now that I’m in the gang and away from home a lot, I do miss my family and I do miss being home all the time,” Caleb said.

“Then go home! Who cares about the gang?!” I asked, finding myself angrily shouting.

Caleb looked at me, taken aback. Suddenly, his face hardened. “You don’t know anything about that! Getting out from the gang isn’t just walking out the exit door. Once you leave it, you still have a part of it. You are automatically a target.  You can’t go out and hang with friends and go back to see your family. That’s being selfish. You are putting your friends and family in danger.”