Chapter 3 (Picture of Derek)

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Yay! Chapter 3! This took me two days to write because I kept on getting interruptions LOL. Oh BTW I changed the pic of Auburn last chapter :) Picture on the side is of Derek :) Hot.

---------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 3 (The Mistaken Girl)

“Oh no,” I cried, tracing the lettering of the note. My poor sister got mistaken for me! They didn’t know I had a sister, let alone a twin and Auburn and I looked eerily identical.

I groaned, biting my lip, thinking of what to do. Call the police? No, they never helped nowadays. Mom and dad? No, they were out partying and are probably too drunk right now to even care.

I grabbed my cell phone and dialed up Auburn. Immediately, she picked up. Relief shot through me before she spoke up. “Aurora, help me!” she cried, sounding as if she was being restrained.

“Auburn! Auburn, where are you?! What happened?!” I yelled into the phone, my voice so angry and sad and worried all at the same time.

“Auburn, I’m kidnapped!” she managed to scream before we were abruptly cut off. I heard the dial tone and immediately knew I had lost my sister. I stood there for awhile, not doing anything. I was too shocked to move.

I needed to go find my sister. I had to. Did I have any fighting skills? No, but I did know how to make a fist. I would need a weapon just to be safe. I quickly threw open the kitchen cabinets, grabbing a large kitchen knife. I tucked it into my bag and walked out the door.

I went over to my neighbour’s house, the Wilson’s. “Hey, did you hear any sort of struggle next door at my house?” I asked, to a sleep Mr. Wilson.

Mr. Wilson shook his head, looking a bit drunk. “Uh, no… S-sorry. Um… Yeah, bye.”

And with that, he slammed the door right in my face. I glared at the door before knocking again. Mr. Wilson answered again. “What do you want now?” he asked, sounding angry.

I glared at him, stepping right into his face. “Listen, my sister was kidnapped and if you don’t tell me where you think she might be in exactly three seconds, I will go ape shit on you, got it?”

Mr. Wilson grabbed the collar part of my jacket and pulled me up so we were at kissing distance. “Look girl, do not threaten me. I don’t know or give a fuck about where your goddamn sister is. You are just wasting my time.”

He let me go roughly, making me stagger back a few steps. Mr. Wilson slammed the door on my face again. I huffed. What an asshole!

I walked over to my other neighbours’ houses but I still got the same reply: no. It was like they were completely oblivious to the neighbourhood.

I got in my car and drove around, looking for my sister. I passed by the alley where I witnessed the murder. I felt a pang of fright. My sister would be murdered. They thought Auburn was me so they took her. Either they would keep me hostage for witnessing them murder someone or they would kill me. If Auburn couldn’t be let free, I hoped she was kept hostage, so she can still survive.

Suddenly, in my view, came a man. He was tall and had his hands stuffed into his pant pockets. I could only see the dark silhouette of him. He looked like he was just wandering around the alley, not doing anything. I got out of the car, hoping for some answers. “Hey, you!” I called out.

The man looked at me, startled. He had a confused look on his face. “Can I help you?” he asked.

I nodded. “Yeah, actually first of all, why are you just standing around here?” I asked, my curiousity getting the best of me.

The Mistaken GirlOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara