Chapter 2 (Picture of Auburn)

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Yay! Chapter 2! Picture of Auburn at the side :) Isn't it SO FREAKY how much she LOOKS LIKE ASHLEY BENSON?! :O

-------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 2 (The Mistaken Girl)

“So are you going to tell me now?” Auburn asked, staring at me intently at the kitchen table, cradling her head in her hand while I dipped my spoon in and out of my cereal.

I shook my head, memories of last night replaying over and over in my head. I had nightmares about this. “No.”

Auburn laughed. “What happened last night? You looked like you saw a ghost. And who were those guys anyway? They looked pretty hot. I don’t know what you were thinking running away from them.”

I sighed. “You wouldn’t understand.”

Auburn frowned, putting a hand on my arm. “Hey, I’m your twin sister. You can tell me anything. Hell, you tell me everything eventually. Just you wait,” she said, smiling.

I shook my head, feeling guilty. It was for her safety. “Not this time, Auburn. I just… Can’t tell you this.”

Auburn sighed sharply, putting her arm back down in her lap. “Seriously, what happened? Did something bad happen? Is that it?”

I gulped, not saying a word. If only she knew how close she was to the truth. Auburn sighed. “So, what now? The silent treatment? Geez, I thought you were more mature than that, Aurora.”

I sighed. I hated fighting with my sister. “Look, I just can’t tell you. It’s for your safety.”

Auburn gave me a doubtful look. “You’re kidding me, right? My safety? God, you’re making it sound like we are in danger or something.”

I nibbled on my bottom lip. “We might be.”

Auburn gave me a dead pan look. “What the hell do you mean?”

I shook my head. “Don’t worry about it. If you sense that you are in any danger or if those guys come back to our house, call the police immediately.”

Auburn gasped. “Those guys are criminals?”

I sighed. “Just do as I say. Always keep some sort of weapon around you and make sure mom and dad know about this. Speaking of, where are they?” I asked, frowning.

Auburn rolled her eyes. “Some sort of adult meeting for work. I think it’s just another excuse to have another party.”

I groaned. “Okay, well, just promise me if those guys come back, you’ll phone the police. Lock the doors and everything. Keep a weapon around you at all times, like a knife or something. Oh, the bat! You still have the bat from little league, right?”

Auburn nodded. I gave her a small smile. “And if anything happens, I love you, sis,” I said.

Auburn scoffed. “You’re making it sound like we are going to die any minute now.”

“Just making sure. You never know.”

“Well, tell me what happened.”

I sighed. “I just can’t! It’s for your safety. If you find out, we could possibly be killed,” I said, saying the last part quickly.

Auburn gasped. “What?!”

I nodded. “You heard me.”

Auburn shook her head. “Wait, why? I don’t understand.”