Chapter 21

Chapter 21 (The Mistaken Girl)

Paul calmly cleared his throat to interrupt the fight that was happening. Everyone turned toward us and I couldn’t help but smile as I saw Auburn, even though she looked badly beaten up. She stared at me with wide eyes before mumbling something through the tape on her mouth. I smiled softly, knowing she had said my name.

“There are two of you now?” Derek asked, shocked.

My smile was replaced by a look of anger as I nodded. “Yes, there is and you better pray that all you will get is time in jail,” I threatened.

I felt a bit victorious at my words but stiffened as Paul jabbed me in the back with the gun. “This is the real Aurora. The girl you kidnapped is her twin sister, stupid!” Paul said, glaring at Derek and Jayden.

“Like you should be yelling at us! You’re the one who can’t tell the difference between them!” Derek snapped.

Before they could argue any longer, Caleb cut in with a swing to the head of Derek with his baseball bat. Derek fell to the floor, unconscious.

Paul immediately pointed his gun at Caleb. “Oh man, you are so going to die for that one!” he said, but didn’t shoot.

“Paul, stop it,” I said, trying to bring his arm down gently.

Caleb shook his head. “No, kill me. Do you really have the guts to kill me?” he asked, cocking a brow.

Paul looked torn as he pointed his gun. He sighed sharply, dropping his arm. “Shut up and drop the bat,” he commanded.

Caleb smirked a bit as he dropped the bat on the floor. “When is he going to wake up?” Jayden asked, looking at his brother on the ground, out cold.

Paul groaned, rolling his eyes. “I don’t know, Jayden! And I honestly don’t give a shit!”

Jayden looked a bit surprised at his sudden anger but nodded and kept his attention on Auburn. “Please, hurt me all you want but let my sister go,” I pleaded to Paul.

Paul rolled his eyes. “I’m not going to hurt you. In fact, that is the last thing I want for you. Even if I would have to use close to physical intimidation.”

Paul walked over to Caleb and the two seemed to stare each other down for a bit. “So, you replaced me as best friend status, huh?” Paul asked, looking Caleb up and down.

Caleb scoffed. “Is that what you ask me? At the situation we are at right now? It’s a wonder how you ever got in the gang.”

Paul glared at Caleb and jabbed his shoulder with the gun. “At least I’m better than a traitor.”

It looked like they were extremely close to beating each other up so I stepped in between them. “Stop fighting. Look, Paul, I’ll go with you. I’ll do whatever you want. Just let Auburn and Caleb go free,” I said, trying my best puppy dog look.

Paul smirked. “I can’t do that! Do you really think I’m that stupid? They’ll just run to the police and we will get arrested.”

I sighed. “Well, just don’t kill us, at least.”

“Kill them, Aurora. I won’t kill you,” Paul corrected.

I nodded, trying my best to put on a solemn look on my face but what I really wanted to do was torture Paul before I killed him to avenge Auburn. “Okay, you, you, and you… Get in the cellar,” Paul said, pointing his gun at me, Auburn, and Caleb.

I frowned as we all stood there. “Go!” Paul yelled furiously and we all marched down into the cellar, with Auburn being dragged down instead.

The cellar was dark and the air was humid, wet. There was nothing except for two available chairs in the middle of the room. Auburn was thrown violently, making her chair wobble for a bit as she screamed in fright but it quickly regained his balance. “Jayden, tie up that one over there. I got Aurora,” Paul commanded.