Chapter 11 (Picture of Peter)

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Yay! Chapter 11! At first, I had writer's block with this chapter but as I wrote it more, I now know what's going to happen. Picture of Peter on the side :)

----------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 11 (The Mistaken Girl)

“Where are we going?” I asked, in the backseat of Oliver and Peter’s car. Oliver was driving while Peter sat beside me, watching me intently.

“You’ll see. Just trust us,” Oliver said, looking at me in the rearview window.

I sighed, looking out the window. Where was Caleb? Did he just give up? Was he even still alive? I almost forgot we had Gabriel’s cohorts out for us. Oliver and Peter seemed like they were on the good side, even if they did have some evil elements to them, after all, Oliver did threaten me.

“You do realize you are a target now, right?” Peter said.

I nodded. “Yes, I’m aware of that. I did kill a man.”

Peter chuckled. “Not just a man; a powerful, dangerous man. But don’t worry; we will protect you from any one who means harm.”

I smiled. Maybe they weren’t so bad after all? “Hey Pete, do you have the keys?” Oliver asked from the front seat.

Peter lifted his hips up to get something out of his pocket. He got the keys out and jangled them. “Got them.”

“Good, don’t lose them. Tony will be very, very angry,” Oliver warned.

My head snapped towards Oliver. “Tony?”

“Yes, Tony. We are going to see him. You are a part of this, which is basically why we brought you along for the ride,” Oliver said.

I gulped. Could I trust Tony? Caleb seemed to really despise him. He was a double agent. “Caleb didn’t really like Tony…” I said quietly.

Peter laughed. “I’m sure he didn’t after Tony did a dickhead move on that stupid little gang of his,” Peter said, smiling.

I gasped. “Let me out, right now,” I said, taking off my seatbelt.

Peter gripped my wrist tightly, glaring at me. “You can’t leave now. You are now with us. Tony wants you.”

I glared right back at him. “What do you mean he wants me? What are you talking about?”

Peter smirked. “Tony wants you to be his wife so he can control you anytime he wants. He’s rather fond of you, you know? Plus, stealing Caleb’s little lap dog is good. Anything to piss him off.”

I slapped Peter. “I am not Caleb’s fucking lap dog, got it? Now, I want you to stop this car right now and let me out. I promise I won’t tell anyone.”

Oliver laughed as Peter glared at me. “That’s right, babe. Show him who’s boss! Slap him again!” he egged.

Peter’s hands lunged for my throat and he started to choke me. “You bitch! You think you can control me, huh? You think you can just waltz into the gang world, unharmed? It doesn’t work that way, honey. You have got to know you cannot control people like us around,” he said, before letting go of my throat.

I gagged, coughing, and holding a hand to my throat. “Enough, Peter. You scared her enough. Leave her alone, will you?” Oliver commanded.

“You’re not the boss of me!” Peter said, frowning.

Oliver smirked at us in the mirror. “No, Tony put me as his right hand man. You are here just because. You are here to help me out with the gang. Get over it.”